HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Ladder stands vs hang on stands. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/116102-ladder-stands-vs-hang-stands.html)

Sharp Shooter 10-09-2005 05:46 PM

Ladder stands vs hang on stands.

I have a Rivers edge 15' deluxe ladderstand. I like is alot so far. I was wanting to get a second one and diddnt know if I wanted a hang on with climbing sticks or another ladder. I like the stands with the arm rests and rails and back rest because it makes me feel secure. I was looking at the Hunters View stands. I like their 15' Trophy Whitetail ladder stand. I also like the Silver Bighorn Ram hang on. I like how cheap their stands are to. I was leaning tward another ladder stand. What do you guys suggest? All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

PABowhntr 10-09-2005 07:53 PM

RE: Ladder stands vs hang on stands.

I am a firm believer in hang ons and climbers. I hunt heavily pressured public land so a ladder is just asking for someone to steal it. I think you have more flexibility with a hang on though too as you can put it basically on any tree and at any height. You really cannot say that about a ladder.

cardeer 10-10-2005 01:16 AM

Neither

PABowhntr 10-10-2005 10:39 AM

So what would you go with...if you could?

kevin1 10-10-2005 06:09 PM

I'm looking to add a couple of ladder stands at my place next year , like Hunters View's Buddy series ,for myself and my grandkids , I felt that ladder stands would be safer and more stable for them . Later they can practice with my old climbers. I've never really cared for hang-ons.

Snoogsdad 10-10-2005 08:56 PM

I like hang on stands myself but this is a personal preference. There are a lot of variables here. If you could try a friends hang on out maybe you could see if you would feel comfortable.

John

Basswacker 10-10-2005 08:59 PM

I like the convenience of ladder stand...if they're on your own or private property. Like the earlier posts, your asking to get it stolen or heavily used if on public land. Quick and quite.

rcgerchow 10-11-2005 06:36 AM

Just got some info from a company called chippewa-wedge loc, they make a unique hang on stand. Kinda of pricey at over $200.00, but you can use just one stand and purchase extra lock on chains for the other areas you want to hunt and then just move the stand. You can place the chains high enough that they shouldn't be stolen (state land)and all you need are a set of climbing sticks to place the stand, very mobile process.

Sharp Shooter 10-11-2005 06:41 AM

My dad has a hang on and it is alright. I dont like it too much. We hunt on private land. The owners only let us hunt there. So I think a ladder is good here. Thanks for the advise. More advise is welcome.

jamiebuck 10-11-2005 07:44 AM

pse , i just pick up the hunters veiw 15ft, ladderstand it great for the price if you hunt on private land i would go with ladder stand, i own handons that i got set up in the woods and have a climber to be mobile, it all depends on where your hunting, go with you feel most comfortable with:D