Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Leica or Swarovski Rangefinders? >

Leica or Swarovski Rangefinders?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Leica or Swarovski Rangefinders?

Old 10-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default Leica or Swarovski Rangefinders?

I am in the market for a rangefinder and have settled on either the Leica BRF 10x42or the Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30 as my choices. I like the Leica's on account they are binocs and rangefinders in one package. I have Zeiss binoculars and have come to rely on them. The Swarovski rangefinderscome in a small package and are of good quality. I guess one has to settle upon either carrying/wearing one set of glass such as the Leica Geovid BRF or carrying 2 pieces ie.... a pair of binoculars and Swarovski Laser Guides.

Does anyone have any experinces with these 2 rangefinders?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leica or Swarovski Rangefinders?

I have no experiance with either but I had the opportunity to look at both of these range finder this summer when shopping at Cabela’s and I would have say that I had liked the Leica over the Swarovski hands down but the Leica is twice the price. I had liked the digital display of the Leica. It was nice and small, same as my Leica 900 range finder. The display for the Swarovski was somewhat larger and I didn’t really care for it. The Leica is also more practical being binoculars at the same time but I’m note sure if they are waterproof same as the Swarovski. For myself it would come down to price and Swarovski is now slouch when it comes to optics.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:49 AM

I got a set of the Leica 10X42's Geovids last Christmas. They're very nice. I had a Leica rangefinder prior to this that I'd carry with my Swarovski 8X56 binnocs, carrying one thing (the new Leica's) is much better.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rick_reno

I got a set of the Leica 10X42's Geovids last Christmas. They're very nice. I had a Leica rangefinder prior to this that I'd carry with my Swarovski 8X56 binnocs, carrying one thing (the new Leica's) is much better.
+1
Old 10-11-2005, 10:06 PM

AA,

This comparison is apples to oranges. Irecently boughtthe Swarovski LRF after comparing them to the Leica &Bushnell Elite series rangefinders.The field of view on the Swarovski is identical to the 8x30SLC binocular which was exceptionally better than the competition. I plan on using the LRF'salone for bowhunting withoutthe use of binoculars. Also, I found that the LRF's were ranging trees out to a 1,000 yards while the others could not. Now if Swarovski made a binocular (EL)/LRF combination,venison/wapitiper pound would go up again...