Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Sportsmans Guide's Boots??

Old 08-26-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Sportsmans Guide's Boots??

I am looking to purchase some rubber hunting boots for the upcoming hunting seasons and I am interested in The Sportsmans Guide's offerings. I have purchased stuff from them in the past and have been very satified with everything, however I have never purchased any "Guide gear", so I am wondering about the quality. Second question; would you recommend 600, 800, 1000 or 2000 gram thinsulate? This boot will be used for Fall turkey hunting, bow and rifle hunting and spring turkey. All will be done in Northern Wisc.where temps can get pretty cold and can have snow for all the above mentioned seasons. Any advice and comments are welcomed.

Spatrat
Old 08-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Sportsmans Guide's Boots??

I shop with them a lot , have for nearly 20 years .
I use a pair of Guide Gear boots with 1,000 grams of Thinsulateā„¢ when it gets below 20 degrees here , but I'm a pansy when it comes to cold feet . The boots were made by Itasca . They are well made , durable , and I've been happy with them . Other Guide Gear items that I've purchased have been similarly pleasing . None have been returned . SG sells some first class gear for excellent prices under their home brand , and I would buy any of them without fear . Even if the item failed their guarantee is good , and they honor it without question .
Old 08-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Kevin is right Spatrat, SG is a great place to purchase gear. I have a pair of 18" LaCrosse rubber boots I like. You say N Wisconsin? Cold feet in the winter time. Well, BuddyBo Products have an item called Toe-Bog'ns that slip over your boots after you get into your stand that will keep the toes from getting cold this season. When my web site is completely up, hopely the first of next week, you can check them out. www.buddybo.com. Brand new small company so their prices are small.
BuddyBo
Old 08-29-2005, 03:24 PM

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply; I was hoping to hear thatI have had good luck with everything else I have purchased from them.

Hey Buddybo; I thank you also for your reply aswell, and I do wish you luck with your product. Just don't feel like carrying anything else into the woods.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Spike

Hey Spatrat, If you haven't bought your boots from SG yet ,think abut buying their Side-Zip boots.
I bought a pair and their great.
15" high ,weight 37oz, 1000 grain thinsulate and waterproof
price is $ 79.97
Old 09-01-2005, 05:27 PM

Hey Msk, Thanks for the tip; I will have to look at those.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

sprat...get the warmest theyve got 2000gms...Wisconsin, brrrr. you a "CHEESEHEAD"" just be sure you can travel in them without your feet taking a beating. get them a lil bigger cause , as any good hunter knows, your feet swell towards the end of the day.. that walk back can be an experience. bring extra socks cause you never know...Wisconsin??? BRRRRRR
Old 09-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

i just bought some 400 gram rubber boots from SG and so far the have been great i don't need the 1,000 gram thinsulate or anything like that because i put on leather boots when it gets to cold i just use my rubber boots for bow season so i can walk in with no scent and put doe or buck urine on them without it soakin into the leather and damaging it
Old 09-22-2005, 05:08 PM

The only problem I have had with guide gear boots is that they vary a bit in size depending on the manufacturer. Most are made in China. I have had to send 2 pairs back becaue my size and the size on the boot didn't "match up". But returns are easy with them and ythey include a free shipping return coupon, so it was no big deal. 400 to 600 grams is about the middle of the roadfor fall hunting. But if you will be sitting alot and don't have too far to walk to your spot, 800 might be a good idea. But you don't want to have your feet sweat. I plan to have 3 pairs this season. 400 gram, 800 gram and 1200 gram. I will bring all to the hunting camp and choose which to wear when I see what the temp is.
okcmco
Old 09-28-2005, 04:20 PM

Hey heeze, Where you from my friend? I am a cheesehead, although this year so far there is not much to be excited about. I won't really get interested in football until the chase for the cup is over and Kenseth is done racing.

Good luck in the warmer temps.

Quick Reply: Sportsmans Guide's Boots??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.