Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Mossy Oak -v- Advantage Timber >

Mossy Oak -v- Advantage Timber

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Mossy Oak -v- Advantage Timber

Old 10-01-2002, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mossy Oak -v- Advantage Timber

I've been using the Natural Gear (Natgear) camo here in NC for 3-4 years now. I also have several patterns from Mossy Oak and Realtree so i just mix and match. It works well with all terrian and any game that i hunt. The key though is movement, it doesn't matter what you wear if you move you'll get busted.
Old 10-06-2002, 07:37 PM

Mykey definitely hit it right on the head. You can wear any camo patterns you want, but if but if you move it doesn't matter.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got NatGear too, since I hunt out of pines a lot.

I like the MossyOak Breakup a little better, only because it is darker and will therefore hold dark enough color through gazillion washings.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:44 AM

truth be told neither is worth writing home about.
Old 10-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't get caught up in the marketing trap. One camo is as good as the next. THe animals are looking at it, not people. I like the look of Mossy Oak, but I don't think the deer or turkeys know the difference.

Old 11-05-2002, 01:21 PM

I have used both, I like the look of the advantage timber,
but would love to get some of the natural gear.
What is important is to use a detergent w/o uv brighteners!
Any camo washed in regular detergent will glow blue in a deers
eye as they see into the UV spectrum!!! Supposedly deer don't pick up the hunter orange because their vision is poor in that range of the spectrum

Old 11-05-2002, 02:12 PM

Camo is Camo as long as you blend in with Mother Nature, sit still, and are scent free.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:22 PM

LOL....i was hoping this topic would go in the direction that it did in the last couple of posts. i get caught up in the camo fashion statement as we all tend to...i use mossy oak, timber ghost, advantage, treebark, realtree ect...etc..ect you name it i got it, and 2 yrs ago my father and i were in deer camp and the weather was extremely hot and he killed a deer while wearing a tee-shirt and a pair of jean shorts. he turned to me and said jokingly you just keep impressing the camp w/all those fancy clothes of yours and ill fill the freezer...LOL. camo patterns are created to appeal to people not animals. so as 1950kid stated "don't get caught up in the marketing trap." take it from someone who knows first hand...it can get expensive..

Edited by - nodose on 11/05/2002 21:26:55
Old 11-06-2002, 03:31 PM

nodose is correct. The entire camo craze, as well as many of the tools we "can't hunt without", are marketing ploys. There have been more deer harvested in the U.S. using 30/30 rifles than any other, and there have been more deer harvested by men wearing non-camo pants and jacket. If you read many current hunting magazine articles, the 30/30 is no longer considered an effective deer rifle. Gun manufacturers and hunting gear manufacturers cannot stay in business if they don't convince the hunter to keep buying more stuff. My best advice is to stay on stand and stay still. Good luck
Old 11-14-2002, 07:30 PM

Truth be told, good ole GI Woodland BDUs work weel too.

As far as which works better; you have to know where you hunt. In my area of SW PA in my woods for archery season what blends best depends on the foilage. Early season, it seems Advantage Green, or New Mossy Oak blends well. Mid and late, Advantage Grey or Mossy Oak original; now that we are into the leaves are changing/falling Forrest Floor fits in with the yellows/beiges/oranges better. If you hunt corn fields be cutting MO/Realtree Shadow Grass

Combine with a good scent cover; Robison Labs Fall Blend or HS Dirt. They are everywhere and won't really be out of place.

Most applications; a combo of MO and Advantage. If you live in the high plains, check out Montana Camo.

Quick Reply: Mossy Oak -v- Advantage Timber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.