HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Code Blue Standing Estrous (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/107877-code-blue-standing-estrous.html)

Jeep4x4 08-05-2005 10:46 AM

Code Blue Standing Estrous

At $40 a bottle it is very expensive but 3-5 times I used it last year I had deer come to it. The other 2 times that nothing came to it was because it rained and just one of those days.

I give it a A+++ dispite the price and will be buyin it again.

Champlain Islander 08-05-2005 11:07 AM

RE: Code Blue Standing Estrous

Jeep how did you use it and what type of deer came, buck or doe.? 40 bucks a pop is pretty steep for a jar of pee.

VA HEAD HUNTER 08-05-2005 11:15 AM

the thing about any urine is frshness. i have used code blue but if you have noticed that when you buy it is urine colored, but once you open it it turns brown. this the the result of the urine hitting oxygen and breaking down and becoming stale. when this happens it is no longer going to be an affective tool. they vacum seal their product that is why it stays that nice color till you open it. pick up a bottle of tinks and look at it. it is brown from the the time you open it. that tells you that it has already gone bad. shelf life will kill it as well. urine in general doesnt last long once it hits oxygen.

Jeep4x4 08-05-2005 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Jeep how did you use it and what type of deer came, buck or doe.? 40 bucks a pop is pretty steep for a jar of pee.
I just stuck a scent wick into it and let it hang on a tree limb next to a trail. The first deer that came to it Im not so sure of what it was but the next 2 were a doe and small spike.

kevin1 08-06-2005 06:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeep4x4

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

I just stuck a scent wick into it and let it hang on a tree limb next to a trail. The first deer that came to it Im not so sure of what it was but the next 2 were a doe and small spike.
They probably would have stopped to investigate that wick even if you had peed on it . ;)

PABowhntr 08-06-2005 07:40 PM

I haven't tried the standing estrus variety of code blue but I have used their original formula with mixed results. On a few occasions it did cause some deer to investigate further while in others they completely ignored it.

dano59 08-07-2005 08:10 AM

standing esterous can be bought for a few dollars cheaper. I work for a company that wholesales code blue, and there wereonly 40,000 bottles produced. the reason se is so expensive is the doe is in heat for about 36 hours, part of that time the doe will not allow the buck to mount her, when she does allow the buck to mount; the buck is pulled off and the urine is bottled. this occurs only in a frame of about 6 hours out of the 36. most other esterous scents are bottled over a period of 18 hours of that 36. we bought 10,000 bottles and we have already sold abought 3,000.yes $36 is expensive but when you consider the cost of hunting i do not consider it to be outlandish, and yes i am able to buy everything at wholesale price.

dano59 08-07-2005 08:33 AM

you can find standing esterous cheaper than $40. YOu should be able to find some for about 36. i work for a company that wholesales code blue

cybersniper 08-19-2005 09:46 PM

I paid the big money and used it last year in Buffalo County WI during last years rut. I didn't have any "spectacular" results during the week I used it, actually I didn't have any resultsI would not buy it again.
Just my opinion.

Cybersniper

BOWD UP 08-19-2005 10:26 PM

I used the regular code blue last yr .about 2 weeks before the rut.had 3 bucks all 21/2 yrs 6-8 pts.old come out and beline for it. as soon as they hit the scent they began fighting.they were all buddies till they got a wiff of that scent .click click , click click.then had a 4 th come over to it this one a small 4 pt. all the commotion brought out a big ten and he too came straight to the scent and i arrowed him at 18 yds. 4 of these deer came from down wind of my stand but they were more interested in the code blue then me.
I think the timing of when you use it has a lot to do with the results also. but i cant complain, my story sounds like a CB commercial but thats how it happened and i poured it straight on the ground.
I had a buck in ga trail me to my tree with tinks 69 . but have seen deer ignore it also..