Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

need help picking 4 whlr

Old 07-30-2005, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need help picking 4 whlr

I have a Bombardier and love it. Not a problem yet, and it's a powerful maching.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:33 AM

You can spend your money as you want but if you want to get the most reliable ,longest lasting, lowest maintenance ,start everytime atv buy a honda!!!!!!

Yamaha would be the next best.

Kawasaki and suzuki iffy?????

polaris and artic cat ..............just go flush you money ......same difference!!!!!!!!!

And yep i own two atv's honda and kawasaki . the kawa has been through more than most will ever go through and still runs but it has kept me busy buying parts to keep it that way. the honda......... one left rear bearing in 4500+ miles and 5 years of hard work.

Oh and just a note my buddys polaris 700 ,with about 600 miles has been broke in his garage for months and seems to stay in that status !!!!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 02:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Artic Cat junk????

You must be from the DEEP south. LOL

Don't let them hear you say that in Canada
Old 08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

My current ATV is a Yamaha, and if this one ever wears out I'll probably go back to another Yamaha. I have previously had good luck with Honda. For working it with a plow or mower, whatever you get, make sure you get a liquid-cooled engine.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

No sprint, I haven't OWNED a Polaris ATV. I know that they are heavy. My experience with Polaris ATVs has been limited to TOWING three of them back out of the woods. One w/ blown motor. One just dead. One seemed like broken tran-sounded like it too. I can say that indeed their racks are rather strong as none of them were pulled off when being towed - by a Yamaha.

Oh and I shouldn't forget the Honda I had to pull out. It was out of gas and no one had any tubing to siphon.

But Polaris makes good snowmobiles. But my sleds are also....................Yamahas.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really agree with Skeeter 7. The 450 Kodiak is one hell of a machine, especially for the money.

If you watch the incentives that Yamaha offers you can get a bonus. When I picked up 2005 Bruin, I could choose a Warn snowplow or Warn winch for just an extra $69. I'm in N. IL and opted for the snowplow. They like to get you to let them (dealer) install the plow or winch to make labor $$$, but I installed myself cause I like to know how things are designed and work. It was real simple to install. I plowed an awful lot of snow this past winter and made ALOT of cash ($95/hr doing sidewalks).

I rode the Kodiak and was really impressed with it's power. If I was regularly pulling or pushing something like a plow or mower I would have opted for the Kodiak instead of the Bruin, but the Bruin hasn't disappointed me yet.

I do believe that Polaris also has a very worthwhile incentive program.......................
.......................free membership in AAA's ATV Towing Program. Ha!

Old 08-02-2005, 03:15 PM

well buy a polaris or a artic cat because they have the most power and the best towing capibility

when you have the best don't screw with the rest
Old 08-02-2005, 09:36 PM

I own a polaris 335 & 700sportsman and wouldnt consider going back to a yamaha or honda.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:07 PM

I got a 2004 Arctic Cat 650. Love it. I shopped a long time before making a decision. I looked at them all except for Polaris (reliability) and Bombardier (no dealers in the area). I had some specific things I was looking for. Not in order:

Big enough seat for me and the wife to ride double
IRS
Auto
High ground clearance
Power
Front Locker
Low Range

It came down to the Grizzly and the AC. The AC engine was so much smoother than the Grizzly.The Griz felt like sitting on a Harley just getting shook apart. It improved once you got off idle but never as smooth as the AC. The AC also had the MRP racks, rear hitch, huge gas tank, and awesome ground clearance. The Grizzly handled better and I thought was better looking. I also liked Yamaha reliability. So it was a tough one. I think I would have been just as happy with the Yamaha though. No regrets.

If I took out the criteria of needing a big seat for two, I would have looked at smaller ATVs. Probably would have gone with a Honda Rubicon,Foreman,Rancheror Yamaha Kodiak. They are great machines, especially the new ones.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: soarkrebel

You can spend your money as you want but if you want to get the most reliable ,longest lasting, lowest maintenance ,start everytime atv buy a honda!!!!!!

Yamaha would be the next best.
AMEN! I would agree totally that Polaris and Arctic Catmake great sleds, but HORRIBLE 4 wheelers. Just a bomb ticking away there.I will never own anything but Honda and/or Yamaha. Why? Experience with them all in the field and seen 100's of machines in different situations. The Hondas/Yamaha are like the Energizer Bunny. Plus, my bro-in-law is a mechanic and gets Polaris 4 wheelers in the shop more than the others combined. He owns a Honda as well.

Quick Reply: need help picking 4 whlr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.