HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   3 Cheers for Leupold!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/106052-3-cheers-leupold.html)

dvdegeorge 07-19-2005 02:43 PM

3 Cheers for Leupold!!!!

I ruined a nice pair of leupold Katmai 10x32 binoculars,my kids got ahold of them and severly scratched the coating off the lenses[:o]Sent them in to leupold to see if they could have the lenses replaced,instead the UPS man just brought me a BRAND new still in the wrapper pair from Leupold at no charge!Now thats customer service

Roseaukaine 07-19-2005 06:16 PM

RE: 3 Cheers for Leupold!!!!

Indeed -- That's why EVERY optic Iown is Leupold. At the very least they will stand by their products - no questions.

trailer 07-19-2005 06:41 PM

Now that’s what you call customer service...

dog1 07-19-2005 07:36 PM

dvdegeorge,

I too have had good service from Leupold. I have a gun/scope combo I haven't used in 20 years and couldn't remember some features of the scope and the owners manual was long gone. I emailed Leupold for the owners manual and got itwithin a few days.
Definitely great people to deal with.
dog1

PABowhntr 07-19-2005 08:09 PM

That is excellent. It is comments such as these that would make me want to be Leupold. How are those Katmai anyway? I was tempted to pick up a pair of their 8x32s.

dvdegeorge 07-19-2005 08:47 PM

I'm very happy with the Katmai Binoculars.They aren't Swarovski's but then again they don't cost well over $1000.00They are clear and sharp and I would recomend them.

thenuge15 07-19-2005 10:46 PM

I have the olympic 8X42 and I love them. They are reasonably priced compaired to the other high end models and they perform well. I've heard nothing but good about customer service even though I've yet to use it. My step dad has leupolds on all his guns and has had no troubles either. Well worth the money IMO.

sprintflyer 07-21-2005 09:45 AM

I put a Luepold on my sons muzzeloader for the eye reliefe but after checking his scope against mine I will be a fan for life!

SF

Solitary Man 07-21-2005 09:47 AM

That is good service and why so many people are loyal Leupold customers. But I will say that Leupold does not have a monopoly on great customer service. I have had the exact same kind of service from Zeiss. I sent them a scope I had damaged due to my own negligence and asked if they could do anything with it. I sent it to them on a Monday and the following Monday I received a brand new replacement at no cost. It sure is nice to deal with companies like this (Leupold, Zeiss, etal.).

Sniper151 07-31-2005 10:58 AM

dvdegeorge, I agree that Leupold's aren't Swarovski's. They are better and they are made in the USA. At one time the German made optics was superior. Today's German optics are still good, but with no improvement other than powers over the years many US manufactures are exceeding the standards first set by the European models. The introduction of American made 30mm tubes with quality lenses and coating has outdistanced the imports, plus service and warranty are far superior to the imports.