Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Treesuite tree sling

Old 06-07-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Treesuite tree sling

Has any one used the treesuite hanging stand/sling? If so how do you like it?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:32 AM

Default RE: Treesuite tree sling

I have it and it is the only stand that I use. I also have the climber that you can get with it. It is very comfortable to sit in and easy to climb up and down trees once you get the hang of it. I would recommend it.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:39 AM

How much was the tree sling? Can you spend a few hours in it without haveing a numb butt? I've looked all over for a unit called the "Ultimate Tree Climbing Pulley System" made by Hunter's Products but can't find one anywhere. I contacted what is supposed to be Hunter's specialites and they have no idea what it is. I saw one on Ebay but had to go out of town and couldn't bid on it---bummer. Anyone out there have any idea where I can find one?
Thanks guys.....
Old 06-09-2005, 12:49 PM

www.treesuit.com is the website, It is $189 for the treesuit and the climber. Have never had any problems with my butt going numb, very comfortable to sit it.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the Treesuit and feel like it is another weapon in my arsenal. It is very handy. I don't think however, that it will entirely replace the twenty some odd other tree stands that I put up and take down every year.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:34 AM

I posted this back in January of last year:

Well, I've recieved the Treesuit climber last week. This is my initial report;

1. The "climber" portion appears to be well made, a little more heavier than I thought it would be. It uses the cable with lugs to attach to the tree (like the Summit climber rubber coated cables) except this climber's cables are not rubber coated. Black plastic tubing is used instead. The cable and lugs are of a smaller nature than the Summit's.

2. If I keep this Treesuit, I think that I will have to re-engineer the way that the cables lock into position after adjusting it for the circumference of the tree that you'd be climbing. Right now, each end of the cable runs through a piece of 1" square metal tubing, and a bolt is inserted through the tubing in order to create a narrow point inside of the tubing to catch the lug on the cable. I feel that the bolt needs to be either larger in diameter, so that if the lug gets a little worn, or the square metal tubing develops a "bow" on one side, the cable will not slip out and loose it's grip on the tree. At any rate, it would be an easy fix.

3. The Treesuit itself works as advertised. I went up a little ways in a tree this Saturday; way too cold to stay out and completely get accustomed to the Treesuit. It definitely is a different way of climbing. I felt snug and safe while sitting in the Treesuit (although I was not very high up). It was comfortable.

4. The straps are made of a black nylon webbing, should be good against rot. They are adjusted by using black nylon ladder buckles (the type that you find on Summit's Seat -o- the Pants body harness) They are two metal rings that the nylon webbing threads through around the tree. I feel that these metal rings should be a little more thicker in diameter.

5. I ordered the large model for the extra large seat. It feels comfortable with a little room to spare. My waist is 38", with additional clothing on, I should still have a little room left.

6. The Treesuit also comes with black nylon braided ropes for the waist rope and the rope that connects the climber to the strap on the tree suit. I've never seen this type of rope; meaning that the nylon rope is woven with one end of it being run inside of itself; so that when you want to lengthen and shorten it; you do so while grasping the the outer rope and pulling the inside rope. When applying tension of the rope, the outer rope constricts over the inner rope, making for a unmovable and locking union between the two. There is a safety hook that attaches to the waist safety rope, it has sharp edges near the point ot the hook and the clasp itself. It may start cutting the nylon rope after repeated use while connecting it to the rope during tree climbing operations.

7. It also comes with a video showing how to use it. The video is complete and detailed; you will need to watch it and review it.

8. On the video, it demonstrated on how you can wrap the Treesuit's straps around yourself and the seat to carry it hands free. I found that the Treesuit would slip down to the back of my thighs after walking a short distance in its stowed configuration. I probably need a little more practice in doing this.

9. It also comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm still undecided if I'm going to keep it or send it back. I wish that it was a little cheaper in cost, I paid around 198.00 total for it. I need to get in the backyard with it one more time to continue evaluating it.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland