Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 3 male AKC Lab Pups >

3 male AKC Lab Pups

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

3 male AKC Lab Pups

Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 PM

Default 3 male AKC Lab Pups

I have 2 red males and 1 yellow male left.

One of the reds had white tips on all four paws and the yellow will bea very big boy!

They will be 13 weeks old on Sept 5th.

Sire is AKC - Champion Grand-sired by AKC CH Surry’s Brick In The Wall. Many Hunting and Show Titles in his lineage! Strong Hunting Lines, mostly English with some American, he has a nice blocky head & is very agile.

Dam is AKC Chasing Bird Strader has a block head, is agreat bird dog and excellent with kids.

Puppies have been around small children since they were born.

I am asking $400 for the reds and $350 for the yellow.

Pups have had both sets of shots and are on theircurrent worming schedule.

Onered shown please e-mail for others [email protected].
Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3 male AKC Lab Pups

Any health certifications on parents?
OFA Hips?
OFA Elbows?
CERF?
PRA?
EIC?

(or is this another "here we go again")

Old 09-05-2008, 04:22 PM

And are u seriously looking for a dog? Please call 419 699 2118!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HStrader

And are u seriously looking for a dog? Please call 419 699 2118!
Me personally ? Nope. I just got one from a breeding where both parents are totally genetically clean (witht the tests I mentioned above).
But any knowledgeable, prospective buyer will want the answers to the questions that I asked.
Do you have something to hide?
Are you selling pups that might be genetically flawed?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Spike

Is there an "ignore" function on this board for cads such as Doc-E? Maybe we should lobby the mods for one if there is not one now. That function works well on other boards to filter out these agenda-driven aholes.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeBigSky

Is there an "ignore" function on this board for cads such as Doc-E? Maybe we should lobby the mods for one if there is not one now. That function works well on other boards to filter out these agenda-driven aholes.
I know my agenda of trying to improve the breed is foreign to some folks.
I also like to be informative and educational to those people who just don't know about all of the crap dogs on the market.

If you consider that to be a bad thing --- I truly feel sorry for you.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dog Pounds are full of crap dogs waiting to be euthanized. They are not full of quality dogs.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Spike

A hah. There is a "block" function that is at the lower left of each of Doc E's rants. Works like a charm.

Thanks mods.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

joe,

what is the problem you have with what doc is saying? do you think that what he thinks is bad for the breed or is your problem with the direct nature of his delivery? I'm not trying to stir anything up here, but I 100% agree with what doc is saying. I just got done testing my dog with an organization that focuses strongly not only in the assurance of performance in it's dogs, but the absence of genetic problems and breed conformity as well. I was speaking with a member of the executive committee of the club and the topic of HD came up. He explained that in the last 10 years, he has seen one case of HD in all the pups in the club. The reason for this success is decades and decades of testing to minimize the chance these genes aren't getting passed on.

I totally buy off on the notion of allowing the consumer to decide what to buy, but can't you agree there is a minimal level that should be expected in a pup? That's all that doc is saying, it's just he's saying it in a very direct and persistent manner, which, imo, should be admired not ignored.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mustad

joe,

what is the problem you have with what doc is saying? do you think that what he thinks is bad for the breed or is your problem with the direct nature of his delivery? I'm not trying to stir anything up here, but I 100% agree with what doc is saying. I just got done testing my dog with an organization that focuses strongly not only in the assurance of performance in it's dogs, but the absence of genetic problems and breed conformity as well. I was speaking with a member of the executive committee of the club and the topic of HD came up. He explained that in the last 10 years, he has seen one case of HD in all the pups in the club. The reason for this success is decades and decades of testing to minimize the chance these genes aren't getting passed on.

I totally buy off on the notion of allowing the consumer to decide what to buy, but can't you agree there is a minimal level that should be expected in a pup? That's all that doc is saying, it's just he's saying it in a very direct and persistent manner, which, imo, should be admired not ignored.
X2, the dogs being sold in this thread have great lineage going back to the Sire's bloodlines but have been diluted by backyard breeding. Who do you think you are kidding by selling them and acting like they are high quality when you and the previous generations quit showing and genetically testing the lines? I have a friend that owns and breeds over 20 labradors in every recognized color and all are tested for genetic health problems and shown or taken to field events. She is furthering the breed and making sure the breed standard is being preserved, not muddied up to make a quick buck. Shame on thos that are in this for the money, I for one am tired of your rejects showing up at my local shelter.

Quick Reply: 3 male AKC Lab Pups

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.