Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

WI AKC Lab pups

Old 09-21-2008, 09:31 AM

Default RE: WI AKC Lab pups

The past few years have hard on all dog breeders. I am not a puppy mill, buthad a few litters each year. What I used to breed was a GSP Litter and a Setter Litter.
My GSP litter was a great proven Female that was bred to the current Nat. Ch. All Age GSP Stud fee was 1500-2000
English Setter litter was a Female out of my Champion Female and was bred to the Nat. Setter Champion stud fee 1000-1500
I had no problem in the early days selling these pups. The last year I bredI had a hard time selling them at all.
Also had a hard time selling finished dogs last 2 years.
So, I stoped all breeding.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: daleh

The past few years have hard on all dog breeders. I am not a puppy mill, buthad a few litters each year. What I used to breed was a GSP Litter and a Setter Litter.
My GSP litter was a great proven Female that was bred to the current Nat. Ch. All Age GSP Stud fee was 1500-2000
English Setter litter was a Female out of my Champion Female and was bred to the Nat. Setter Champion stud fee 1000-1500
I had no problem in the early days selling these pups. The last year I bredI had a hard time selling them at all.
Also had a hard time selling finished dogs last 2 years.
So, I stoped all breeding.
3 years ago my average on my credit card was around 350 dollars a month.

NOW,its 1,000 dollars and i watch everything and have stopped spending on items like i did 3 years ago.my income is 24,000 a year.

no new trucks, eating out stopped,lowered my insurance, boat registrations,hardly going in woods do to gas prices.

on and on.

i had to look where my money is going, FOOD,GASOLINE was well over half of that bill.

this is reason pups are not selling, vet bills doubled, dog food doubled,lack of game to hunt and too many hunters after what is there.
throw in above and things i have not mentioned, its hard for all of us now.

we are in real bad trouble and its going to get a lot worse.

heck, i just heard that PFBC in pa. may stop stocking trout do to costs and trout unlimited.

gov rendell just said,FREEZE IS ON ALL HIRING HERE ON STATE JOBS AND DONT FILL ANY POSTIONS.

i would not want to be in any business now,i tried to raise phesants here and you would not believe the hassle i got on permits, zoning and price of feed for birds.

our local bank is charging all kinds of fees ,they lost 500 million in fannie mae thing.

they are sticking it to anyone in business,fees and wont give you your money ,delay tactics etc.

yet bank president is ALWAYS smiling,a jokers face.

this could be worst time in our lives.

[:-]
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 AM

I hear ya,
If the soybean crop doesn't do good to make up for the total loss of corn, I will be out of busines as well.