Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

WI AKC Lab pups

Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 PM

Default RE: WI AKC Lab pups

MUSTAD
I get what you are saying if no one else does.
The cheepest money you ever spend is what the pup or dog costs.
Think about this
$500 Pup
24 months of dog food, shots, dewormer about
$1,000
kennel, house bowl, water bucket snap hooks, collars, etc.
$400
Training 6 months at 400
$2400
$4300.00 invested
Does anyone think that a breeder is going to give you that back. NO WAY
Everything that a responsible person can do should be done.
Bottom Line that means the Breeder and the potental new owner.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

At the end of 12 years, an $800 dollarpuppy only costs 1-1/2 cents a day more than the $200 puppy.
If a penny and a half a day isn't worth having the best possible chance of a genetically sound pup, you live in a different world than I do.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Doc, do you need a hug, you are obviously a very unhappy man. im sorry.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jimmy28303

Doc, do you need a hug, you are obviously a very unhappy man. im sorry.
I don't need a hug.
Yes, I am unhappy --- Unhappy about crap breedings that further accentuate genetic issues in Labs (as though we don't have enough already).
How about you telling me everything that I've said that isn't the truth.
My posts are based on facts.
C'mon, show me just ONE thing I've said that isn't true. Don't feel bad, because you can't -- now I guess you are the one that needs a hug.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Im not saying that you have said anything incorrect. im just saying, why cant you make your point and then leave. why do you have to keep bothering people? Maybe some people do not worry about those things as much as you do. I know that i bought a choc lab without any type of test and that was 9 years ago. the only problem he has ever had is where will he play next. I understand that you are concerned about it, hell, im concerned if i will have to go to Iraq for a third tour but i dont run around complaining about it. Bottom line is, why cant you just say your piece and if the guy still chooses to purchace the puppy, just wish him luck? why do you have to make a big deal about it. This world has bigger issues then this guys puppy. How about the war in iraq, or afghanastan, or maybe pakistan, maybe the 5000+ troops that have died protecting your right to complain. why not direct your aggression towards something productive. just a thought
Old 08-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. Im not saying that you have said anything incorrect. im just saying, why cant you make your point and then leave. why do you have to keep bothering people?

2. Maybe some people do not worry about those things as much as you do. I know that i bought a choc lab without any type of test and that was 9 years ago. the only problem he has ever had is where will he play next.

3. I understand that you are concerned about it, hell, im concerned if i will have to go to Iraq for a third tour but i dont run around complaining about it.

4. Bottom line is, why cant you just say your piece and if the guy still chooses to purchace the puppy, just wish him luck? why do you have to make a big deal about it.

5. This world has bigger issues then this guys puppy. How about the war in iraq, or afghanastan, or maybe pakistan, maybe the 5000+ troops that have died protecting your right to complain.

6. why not direct your aggression towards something productive. just a thought
1. If you think that trying to protect people (and dogs) from the heartache of genetic issues is "bothering" them, then too bad for you.

2. Maybe my posts will help others start worrying about these issues as much as I do.

3. I truly thank you for your service -- I and all true Americans appreciate your sacrifice (that you probably voluntered for). I served during Viet Nam, and I don't complain about that either.............. 50,000 American troops were killed.

4. Because it is a big deal --- If you don't believe me, just visit an animal (euthanasia) shelter.

5. This is a Hunting Dog forum --- not a political forum, that's why. Why would you bring war into the discussion on a Hunting Dog forum?

6. I am.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Sir, i wish you well in all your endeavors and hope that you find what your looking for. Take Care
Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doc E

1. Im not saying that you have said anything incorrect. im just saying, why cant you make your point and then leave. why do you have to keep bothering people?

2. Maybe some people do not worry about those things as much as you do. I know that i bought a choc lab without any type of test and that was 9 years ago. the only problem he has ever had is where will he play next.

3. I understand that you are concerned about it, hell, im concerned if i will have to go to Iraq for a third tour but i dont run around complaining about it.

4. Bottom line is, why cant you just say your piece and if the guy still chooses to purchace the puppy, just wish him luck? why do you have to make a big deal about it.

5. This world has bigger issues then this guys puppy. How about the war in iraq, or afghanastan, or maybe pakistan, maybe the 5000+ troops that have died protecting your right to complain.

6. why not direct your aggression towards something productive. just a thought
1. If you think that trying to protect people (and dogs) from the heartache of genetic issues is "bothering" them, then too bad for you.

2. Maybe my posts will help others start worrying about these issues as much as I do.

3. I truly thank you for your service -- I and all true Americans appreciate your sacrifice (that you probably voluntered for). I served during Viet Nam, and I don't complain about that either.............. 50,000 American troops were killed.

4. Because it is a big deal --- If you don't believe me, just visit an animal (euthanasia) shelter.

5. This is a Hunting Dog forum --- not a political forum, that's why. Why would you bring war into the discussion on a Hunting Dog forum?

6. I am.

Doc- I applaud your fight for a serious issue.

Growing up I spent many weekends at the Vets office. My best friends father owned one in Lombard, Illinois and we used to help out. I would often hold the dogs and calm them while they were put to sleep since the owners were to big of pussies to be there for the dogs they so dearly loved. I would then put them in the freezer until they were cremated or burried. What killed me is many of these dogs looked fine but had genetic issues, this was my first taste of poor breeding and a wake up call.

Currently I am an advocate for shelter dogs, we have an incredible shelter that we donate our time to. Our company provides 750.00 for us donating 50 hours, we also contribute at least 1000.00 a year ourselves. I often see labs brought in and the same ole story. The dog is to hyper for the family because it was bred poorly, the dog has eye problems and needs thousands in surgery so dump it off. The dog has elbow issues or hip problems and can't run so it is worthless and gets dumped off.

To say that not checking health through modern means is plain ignorant, lazy, cheap and assnine. Anyone breeding dogs for profit is doing nothing for their breed, to say it comes from a good line and has this, that, or the other is pointless. put your money where your mouth is if you are selling dogs. Check a few common ailments through genetic testing and be upfront with potential buyers. Yes things can still happen but by checking the dogs you are reducing the chances of genetic defects.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:29 PM

I know that I should not get in the middle of this. But Doc I also applaud you. Why would anyone to spend the money and the time to pick outa puppy only to get one without the health clearances. If you are going to spend all the time it takes to properly train a dog for hunting then why wouldn't you get a dog with health clearances. I guess that I am saying that if you get a careless bred dog for pretty cheap over a more expesive one that has its clearances done, then when you can't hunt the dog anymore at a early age what have you gained? Nothing.It is more expensive to have to buy another puppy (after putting the first one down)than to just spend the extra money in the begining and get a dog that you know youwill never have to worry about its hips and elbows. Not to mentionall the time, energy, and moneyyougive to train a dog that you won't be able to hunt over anymore. Besides that it is not fair to the dog that theygo through the pain of having bad hips and elbows, when it could have been avoided with a responsible breeding. By the way DocTucker is a very good looking pup. I can't wait until Iget myself a fox red lab that has all the health clearances done.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Spike

Hey Doc, do you contact and treat people in your local classifieds like this also? I didn't think so. So quit hiding behind your computer and picking people out. You seem to know what you are talking about, but singling someone out to make you look superiormakes me want to [:'(]

Quick Reply: WI AKC Lab pups

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.