Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 WI AKC lab pups F/S >

WI AKC lab pups F/S

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

WI AKC lab pups F/S

Old 08-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WI AKC lab pups F/S

AKC lab pups born to great hunters on 7/10/08. Sire is a big blocky yellow pointing lab with great drive on water and upland. Dam is a small fast working black with great energy and speed. No family historys of hip, elbow, or eye problems. Litter of 10 with both sexes of all 3 colors. 1 choc female, 2 choc males, 3 yellow males, 2 yellow females, and 1 black male and female. Pups ahve first shots and dews removed. Ready to go last week of August. $350-450

Old 08-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WI AKC lab pups F/S

Family history has little to do with these pups.
So, on the parents of this litter, do you have Hip or Elbow certifications? CNM? PRA? CERF? EIC?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:38 PM

Doc - Leave the guy alone! If someone is that interested in the "investment" they're buying, let them do the research. Hip problem or no hip problem, someones kid is gonna love the puppy. If anyhting goes wrong, such is life.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Correct. And if the hip problems are serious, the kid that loves the puppy gets to watch him die and the parents get to explain to the kid the fact that they got screwed by a breeder that is too cheap to make sure the dogs he's using aren't carrying a genetic problem which is very common in the specific breed.

Great life lesson and well worth the money!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

put your ad on retriever training.net. A lot more people will see it and theres less jerks. They already made their point on your last thread. They would get banned there for harrassment.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

put your ad on retriever training.net. A lot more people will see it and theres less jerks. They already made their point on your last thread. They would get banned there for harrassment.
Amazing, people that are interested in making sure that breeders are ethical are jerks. You might as well rescue a dog from a pound if you don't care about the health of your dog. I currently have two lab mixes I rescued knowing their health is a crapshoot but at least I saved animals from death, breeders that are breeding blind without checking health are the reason the PITA has ammo. Too bad some breeders are too cheap and careless when it comes to researching their lines and taking an ethical approach.

For those who care it appears Pheasanthunter41 has lab pups for sale at a competitive price to these and they have been checked for hips, elbows and eyes. Glad to see some people care about health.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mustad

Correct. And if the hip problems are serious, the kid that loves the puppy gets to watch him die and the parents get to explain to the kid the fact that they got screwed by a breeder that is too cheap to make sure the dogs he's using aren't carrying a genetic problem which is very common in the specific breed.

Great life lesson and well worth the money!!!
X2, my wife and I donate over 1,000 a year to a local shelter and this year helped a lab with Cataracts get an operation. We also donate time and our company covers an additional 750 bucks for each of us to the shelter if we donate 50 hours of our time. The sad thing is how many labs and pits we see and the many health issues with them. People buy a dog from some schmuck out to make a buck and later dump them at a shelter when their health is shot. Keep breeding without testing your dogs mill masters, you are doing your breed and the dog shelters proud! As for me, I'll keep donating my time and my money along with my companies money to clean the mess that careless breeders never have to deal with.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

I'd like to see him try it ---- Talk about getting raked across the coals, it would certainly hapenthere. I'm a ***** cat compared to what he would experience from folks at RTF
Bowfisherman, you gotta be the laugh riot of the year.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Spike

Doc:

at 350-450 a pup you don't get all those certificates. you're looking at another 200= in certifications. Most labs pups w/ all those certifications are in the 1000-1200 range now.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gbf747

Doc:

at 350-450 a pup you don't get all those certificates. you're looking at another 200= in certifications. Most labs pups w/ all those certifications are in the 1000-1200 range now.
Let's see --- one hip replacement is $3500 --- now how cheap is that $350 - $450 pup? How about the pup with CNM that dies or is put down by age 2? How about the pup with EIC, who has all the heart in the world, but who's rear end collapses with hard work or excitement or heat? How about the pup with elbow dysplasia? How about the pup with PRD that goes blind before it's time?
Most Labs withparental healthcertifications, and lots of FC, AFC in their pedigrees are in the $800 range.

At the end of 12 years, the $800 pup only costs 1.5 cents a day more than the $400 pup (and that'stakinginto consideration that the cheap pup has no genetic diseases).

Quick Reply: WI AKC lab pups F/S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.