Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 What is the best bird dog >

What is the best bird dog

Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

What is the best bird dog

Old 02-11-2006, 07:50 PM

Default What is the best bird dog

I train alot of dogs every year.I have clients that say that there dog is the best and no one should hunt with anything other than a .......
who can answer the age old question as to what the best bird dog is?

Old 02-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the best bird dog

The best bird dog is the one that you personally like hunting over the best.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:28 AM

I too, have trained many dogs and have heard the very same statement.....

But...I think the statement should read something like this.....

I have come to realize all the fun and apreciation I have missed out on, since I aquired my "insert dog breed here". HE/she has been the finest huntiing partner I have ever had! Watching the water break as he jumps in for the retrieve, Seeing that magnificant statue standing on a covey of Quail, or watching him quiver in a dream of seasons past at the hearth of the fireplace. Thats my "PArd".

Time is just wasted without a well trained birdog.....The breed would be BIRD DOG!

Phil
REO
Old 02-12-2006, 01:13 PM

Agree, totally with both replies, I also like the ones that a buddy says, aint nothing, dog doesn't have it, the washouts, most of the time they work out also to be the best, because it was what attracted the owner, and when somebody else burst the bubble for an unsure owner about his/her dog, then I or we kick in and make it a dog for them, the smile is priceless. You get out of life, what you put into it. Same goes with a dog, wether or not we as pros make your dog, or an amatuer puts their trust into us to talk them threw what and why. They are all great dogs with alot of good and bad days, some breeds are better than others in different situations, but, if you trust your desicion, and your trainer, and the dog, it will always come out in the wash later. Promise!! Thanks and good post and replies Jonesy Jonesy's Gun Dogs