Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
How to Find Farmers to hunt feral pigs on their property? >

How to Find Farmers to hunt feral pigs on their property?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

How to Find Farmers to hunt feral pigs on their property?

Old 01-06-2022, 07:12 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I do a combination. I scout to find an area. Then I use OnXmaps to secure addresses of the area I'd like to hunt. I then will write letters explaining about me and what i want to hunt.
I do include a self stamped envelope.
So really its a combination of door knocking and letter writing and phone calling.
I secured quite a few properties via the US mail.

JW
Old 01-07-2022, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go to the local farm stores and asked if any farmers are having hog problems. If you get some names knock on their doors and asked permission to hunt. Do not go in hunting clothes to asked permission, just wear some nice clean clothing.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:25 AM
Spike

I've tried answering the adds in Craigslist and it didn't end well, it advertised for cheap hog hunts and well...you get what you paid for! Another outfit had quit doing hogs hunts, and the last one I contacted would charge close to two hundred bucks for one hog. Buyer be aware! If going through a well known and reputable outfitter that's going to charge a lot for a decent hunt is out of your limitations I hear some options here that are worth exploring, door to door is a good one, it requires some time investing but the truth is if it was easy anybody would do it!.
Old 11-24-2023, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dumbest post I have read in a long time!
Old 11-25-2023, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Catch 22 to say the least. Dad had lots of friends in Texas and we would go there a couple of times a year and usually get 30 or more hogs each trip for the Hunters Feeding The Hungry program. But towards the last few years we were doing it, the farmers were starting to charge fees, sometimes outrageous ones, to come help them! They were trying to recoup money lost to the hogs by charging us to come help with their problem! I can see charging a small fee and we wouldn't have mined paying a couple hundred for land access but some of these idiots were trying to get a couple hundred per hog to, AGAIN, take care of THEIR problem! I think they are starting to see the mistake they were making and are trying to get known hunters like us back to helping them. I know a couple of guys that turned them down flat and told them to pound sand for being greedy.