Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Florida Hog hunting guide Recommendations >

Florida Hog hunting guide Recommendations

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Florida Hog hunting guide Recommendations

Old 12-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Spike

Default Florida Hog hunting guide Recommendations

I will be traveling to Florida In summer 2020 and will be Staying in the Orlando area. I’m looking for a guided single day hog hunt with a $500 budget. I originally looked at Ron’s guide service Near the Okeechobee area but I’ve read mixed reviews and judging by most of the pictures that I have seen the pigs they kill are pretty small. Has anyone had any experience with Ron’s guide service? Any additional recommendations? Thanks
Old 12-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

They are not good. I went their and we didn't get anything that night. We stayed to hunt the next morning. We woke up nice and early and nobody showed. They got drunk the night before and we left. Very unprofessional outfitter. HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Chappy's in Moore Haven. Call Brett up and talk to him about your expectations.. he'll make it happen.

If it doesn't work out on the stand he'll get dogs out and run them until you find something.

-Jake
Old 12-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Spike

Be very clear of your expectations if you don't want to shoot one in a small pen enclosure which I dearly frown upon but many places do. The pen hunts are usually quick, easy and guaranteed but not for everyone. If it suits you then by all means, you would be certain of bringing one home at that price. I'd get you one on my place near Okee but I avoid Florida in the summer )
Old 01-15-2020, 08:33 AM
THL
Spike

Hey. First time poster. I am going to be in Florida in April, visiting some family near Tampa. I have been thinking about maybe do some wild boar hunting while we are there, if it is possible as a tourist from Europe (Denmark). I would love to be able to get a single piece of meat to share with the family, and maybe a small trophy, just as a thing from a hunt on another continent.
is this even possible without costing an arm and a leg?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2020, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

I refuse to pay one red cent to shoot an invasive species.They need to pay us to help eradicate em.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:48 PM
THL
Spike

I know, but as a tourist I do not have that luxury. I would have to borrow a rifle and hunt on another mans land, so in my opinion it is fair to pay a bit for it. I got my Danish hunting license, but I do not think it is worth much in the US.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
I refuse to pay one red cent to shoot an invasive species.They need to pay us to help eradicate em.
Land owners and many states game agencies are making money from hog hunting, why would they pay you to do it?
Old 01-16-2020, 09:27 AM
Spike

Have hog hunted on public land for many years in Florida with some luck. But for those of you on a short schedule, you may want to put a post in the "swap a hunt" forum of this site or post a similar request in the "south region" forum of this site or maybe even try a different forum like floridasportsman. Good Luck.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Chappy's in Moore Haven. Call Brett up and talk to him about your expectations.. he'll make it happen.

If it doesn't work out on the stand he'll get dogs out and run them until you find something.

-Jake
This will probably be about a two hour drive or so from Tampa. He'll have stuff for you to borrow. Wanna use a spear? He has it. Guns? He's got it.
give him a call. Discuss your expectations and what you want to do.

He'll make it happen.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.