Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Hog hunting in Southern California >

Hog hunting in Southern California

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog hunting in Southern California

Old 11-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Spike

Default Hog hunting in Southern California

Hello Everyone! This is my first post on this website so bear with me. I live in Los Angeles, I’m 18, and I have been trying to go hog hunting since getting my license this summer. Are there any areas within a 2 hour drive from SF Valley that are good spots for wild pig hunting? I have my tags and Browning 12 gauge ready; all I need is a spot. I’m trying to head out tomorrow morning so any posts would be appreciated. Thanks! (By the way I do understand there are more optimal firearms for hog hunting but this is all I have for now.)
Old 11-03-2019, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Call your game dept and asked them where the areas are that hold wild hogs. What are you using in that 12 ga? Slugs I hope.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Call your game dept and asked them where the areas are that hold wild hogs. What are you using in that 12 ga? Slugs I hope.

Yes of course. Haha
Old 11-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

OT is giving you good advice. If you go on CA DFG's website, they have a lot of good information, including areas to hunt. Here's a couple of links at DFG.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.a...D=23231&inline

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Hunting/...g#194443-hunts