Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Any others here thinking what I am? >

Any others here thinking what I am?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Any others here thinking what I am?

Old 01-17-2019, 06:30 PM
Spike

Default Any others here thinking what I am?

I am wondering about a special hunters for the hungry call to all of us on the coasts. As a American Legion member, we are working to make our brown water brother's lives easier. The Coast Guard is without pay and we are doing what we can to help them out. I could use a few people with farm contacts in NC so we can make a hog hunt or two for our local Coasties. Our efforts hopefully will allow them to concentrate on the job while the home folk paying the bills and keep the heat on. Contact your local American Legion Post for who needs help if interested. Check the American Legion Website (because I could only post 5 yesterday...) Ya'll in the interior, if interested and able, look into how to help via posts or seek out the TSA folks who have been awesome for almost 20 years, they need help too.

Plus, like I said, making hog hunting a priority to use the Hunter's For the Hungry could create goodwill and good press to stave off the Anti's. TYVM for your time and Have a Blessed Day.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately, we cannot do that in Texas. It is illegal to publicly distribute feral hog meat unless the hog was first inspected while live, and then the meat inspected after butchery, just as with domestic hogs. So this can be done for trapped hogs, but they then have to go through a commercial processor with a meat inspector. Wild game such as deer do not fall under such restrictions here.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

What does Brown water brothers mean.