Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Want to Hog hunt in Texas . . . Help? >

Want to Hog hunt in Texas . . . Help?

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Want to Hog hunt in Texas . . . Help?

Old 12-06-2018, 06:08 AM
Banned

Default Want to Hog hunt in Texas . . . Help?

We want to hog hunt the first week in April in Texas and would like some suggestions like what part of the state, weapons to use, how to bring meat home, reputable outfitter(s), etc. Want at least a 3 day hunt with meals and lodging, semi guided or not, someone to (help) process meat, and not break the bank. Not looking for cheap . . . just 'worth the trip'. Coming from Wyoming. Googling has been helpful, but not ready to drop the hammer on a hunt based on that. Some outfitters seem to have all kinds of extra charges like for "over 100 lbs", one day hunts, 1 hour hunts(?), have high fence hunting, trophy fees, none of these would be acceptable. We also would prefer a blind (over bait) rather than a lot of spot and stalk hunting. We just want to put meat in the freezer and have a great time! Night time hunts would be best (right?) I've done some searching already and have some ideas, but any first hand help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by dig4gold; 12-06-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:18 AM
Spike

You can hunt in Seguin with Randy. I have hunted with him before and he has state of the art optics and weapons. IIRC they were suppressed .44 mag rifles with hand loaded sub sonic ammo. You could hear the rounds smack the piggies. They do lots of feeders and have lots of different places to hunt depending on the wind. nighthogsdotcom
With this group you will get quality over quantity if what you are looking for are large hogs. Usually may get one or two per night per person.

This other group out of Columbus is not fully guided like Night Hogs, more of a do it yourself deal. boars nest hunts is in Columbus TX. I hunted there with a group of 4 and we shot about a dozen hogs. This was about 4 years ago. 1 hunter didn't even shoot one and another went to bed early with 2. me and another guy shot the other 10 or so.

The best areas for hogs in my opinion are going to be east, northeast, southeast and south TX. Central, north and west tend to be drier with less cover for the hogs.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

I'd try the Texas hunting forum, plenty of reputable outfitters on the site. https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php
Old 01-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Spike

I second Randy. He’s been hog guiding longer then anyone I know. You’ll have an awesome experience.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:07 PM
Spike

Hog hunting is an iffy thing. We had a lot of hogs on my lease, but, some areas are much better than others. I have people on the lease, that have never seen a hog. others get irritated, if they see one hog. haha. I hunt deep east Texas, which is the southeastern part of Texas. We kill a lot of hogs, I would just make sure they have a lot of corn feeders, and get whoever runs the place to send you trail cam pictures, with the date and time on them, to show you what to expect. Good luck!