Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Sow With Some Bacon Bits On The Side... >

Sow With Some Bacon Bits On The Side...

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Sow With Some Bacon Bits On The Side...

Old 07-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Spike

Default Sow With Some Bacon Bits On The Side...

This is my last hunt with my Pulsar Trail XQ38 and it was a crazy one. Ended up chasing a sounder of hogs through the East Texas woods and caught up with a big Sow. After dropping her with a headshot, I was able to pick up a few Bacon Bits, one of which was standing up on her dead momma's back.... Y'all have a safe 4th!!!

Old 07-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been biting my tongue. but I have to say a few things. You are providing a service thinning out the Hog numbers. You are fulfilling imperatives gained through many thousands of years of evolution, you are a hunter gatherer.

What you hunt is a living entity. IMO a little respect and compassion is appropriate.

I always say a little prayer, whether you are a believer or not it is good for your soul. Google Saint Hubert.

To put my feelings about empathy and compassion bluntly, This isn't a video game. The wildlife you hunt are living things and IMO deserve a little respect.

Most all humans are hunters to some degree, those born with less hunting drive rarely understand. I take pleasure in a good shot, when the animal dies quickly, I take pleasure in the chase, I enjoy good food. I feel a sense of accomplishment when a hunt is successful. I respect the animals I harvest.
I'm not trying to tell you how to think, just opening your mind to some alternatives.
I'm not much on telling other people how to live their lives.