Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Mosin Nagant

Old 10-30-2017, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mosin Nagant

What rounds for a hog hunt using a mosin nagant? I've looked online at midway and nothing in stock. Going in January and need to look at my mosin as a back up.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

I shot my deer with herters 180 grain soft point.

Performed very well and it's pretty cheap. Cabelas carries them near me. And, it's listed on their website.

-Jake
Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Is there an online place where I can buy 202 grain soft tip bullets for the Mosin or 180 grain? Cabelas does not have a good selection.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Spike

7.62x54 is a pretty powerful round. I am sure 150 to 202 grain would kill any hogs. I shot a bear last spring with mine with 174 grain Hornady hand load. Double lung shot. Took both lungs and part of the heart out. It ran 20 yards and died and never even let out the death moan. I wouldn't think twice of taking a moose with that round so look out piggies.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Newhunter1 at work View Post
Is there an online place where I can buy 202 grain soft tip bullets for the Mosin or 180 grain? Cabelas does not have a good selection.
Here you go. I've bought it from theses guys. I like the wolf 200 gr. SP

[URL="http://ammunitionstore.com/categories/rifle-ammunition/7-62x54r.html"]