Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Re: Homer Martin

Old 07-26-2017, 08:38 AM
Spike

Default Re: Homer Martin

I am currently hunting the Homer Martin Ranch, 10022 Simmonsville Road, Mason, TX & it has been an extremely disappointing hunt.

My hunting partner & I were informed prior to arriving that the ranch utilized feeders. We found out on site from Wayne, the ONLY ranch hand, the feeders do not have food in them because it is too expensive.

Furthermore, the majority of the ranch is reserved for corporate activities.

If you come here, just know you are paying for a CABIN, NOT for the hunt. You will NOT receive a map or ANY assistance, tips, or advice about the general locations of any hogs. Also, equipment is on the grounds (i.e. ATV) but can't be used because it is corporates.

We have been here 4 days, ranged the entire ranch we can reach, and haven't even seen 1 hog!!

My advice, don't spend the money, but go elsewhere that actually uses their feeders and will assist you with the hunt.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like another hog hunting scam designed to make the wallet thinner.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

Lot of those around. But to be perfectly honest, there were signs of this problem right there on the web site. You can tell they are pretty much geared towards the corporate retreats and things like that just from reading the home page. The hunting part of that home page looks to be an after thought. Sorry to hear about your poor experience but references are an extremely important part of booking a hunt at places like that.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:16 PM
Spike

I spent 2 minutes looking at their website and could have told you that was how your hunt was gonna go. You are paying to stay there and getting to hunt for free, what did you expect? They aren't going to fill the feeders for hog hunters when they don't charge for hog hunts.