Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

South OK Spring Hog Hunt

Old 02-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Spike

Default South OK Spring Hog Hunt

I'm a long time fan of hunting hogs, but I haven't had to opportunity to until this year. My hunting buddy and I used to have a third companion, Brandon, that we were great friends with and loved to hunt with us. Unfortunately, we lost Brandon a few years back to suicide. Things like that are tough, especially because we were in 7th grade.

We've moved on and are aways looking to find ways to do things in his honor. To commemorate our friend last year, we went on a pheasant hunt at a nearby perserve and we had a great time together. We have our next commemorative hunt for Brandon planned during our spring break this year. My friend and I are both going to college in at separate schools , and as some of you know that can be expensive. We decided to try something new this year and do a DIY wild hog hunt down in Southern Oklahoma. We plan on cutting down the costs as far as possible by avoiding hotels and camping in the timber, but the total cost of gas, out-of-state hunting liscenses, and food are well over 500 dollars.

So, my friend and I are reaching out to ask for help. Not just for us, but to make it easier on our parents who already have to worry about having to get their kids through college. Thanks guys/gals www.gofundme.com/commemorative-hunting-trip
Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Young man, you would enjoy your hunt more if you earned it. You and your friend can get a part time job and earn the trip instead of asking others to fund you fun. Most of us adults decide what kind of hunt we want, then put money back and save to pay for it. As far as your parents, it isn't their responsibility to pay for your hunt either, if you are in college, you have reached the age of majority and your hunts are your responsibility. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

The state of OK does not require a license to hunt hogs: That includes non-residents.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Spike

A land access permit and a 5-day non-res license is required.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

A land access permit and a 5-day non-res license is required

You must be hunting some strange place. No hunting license is required to hunt hogs on private property in Oklahoma. i recently hunted with three guys from CO here.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 PM
Spike

Can't find any private land to hunt down there yet. Will be on Hannobia/Three Rivers WMA
Old 02-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is a beautiful area.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Spike

Any experience walking through there? I'm really excited to see new country.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey if y'all are willing to fund a hog hunting trip put me down for 2 weeks in Cameroon for Giant Forest Hog, Red River Hog and Warthog. When can I expect the check?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Young man, you would enjoy your hunt more if you earned it. You and your friend can get a part time job and earn the trip instead of asking others to fund you fun. Most of us adults decide what kind of hunt we want, then put money back and save to pay for it. As far as your parents, it isn't their responsibility to pay for your hunt either, if you are in college, you have reached the age of majority and your hunts are your responsibility. Good luck.
Exactly!! Takes a lot of nerve to ask others to fund your fun and not be involved other than my check!!! What ever happened to EARNING your way. Both school and lifes experiences!!! Im sorry for your friends demise, but what does he have to do with you and your partners hunting trips when you are using the money people are donating are not going to either his family for medical or funeral expenses. Or an establishment that HE deemed worthy of the money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.