Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
need help finding cheap hog hunting >

need help finding cheap hog hunting

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

need help finding cheap hog hunting

Old 04-22-2016, 06:17 AM
Spike

Default need help finding cheap hog hunting

Living up her in Wisconsin we don't have a place to shoot hogs. My son has the urge so I was wondering if anybody could tell me where we might go to shoot a/some hog(s) on the cheap?
Thanks
Old 04-24-2016, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lots of the orange growers in FL have serious issues with them in the groves and will let you hunt them for free. The same can be said of the wineries in CA. I used to shoot a bunch off the Robert Mondavi and Christian Brothers vineyards around Napa when I was stationed out there. TX has lost of them as well but many landowners want to charge you to hunt unless you're from here and know them. But you can shoot a lot of pigs here if you come down. Many landowners charge a daily trespass fee and you can shoot as many as you want.

May be worth your time to look into that but FL, TX and CA are a long ways from WI just to shoot some pork.

Last edited by flags; 04-24-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Spike

Flags
first and foremost THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Florida is becoming harder and harder to find places to hunt hogs for free. So many landowners have been screwed over by idiots tearing up their properties. I have two places that I can get on a few times a year compared to 10 years ago when I had more places then I could possibly cover. Many years I would not get to half of them because I didn't have the time.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:30 AM
Spike

story of my life
day late and a dollar short
Old 06-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Spike

Check out the 24campfire - Hunters Campfire Forum - 2016 Hog Hunt. Go to page 91 of the forum for the 2016 Hog Hunt for information on the 2017 Hunt:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/

P.S.: I live in MN and have hunted with these guys four times and have harvested hogs 3 times.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bruce B, what do you consider on the cheap? If you go someplace where there may or may not be hogs, I have been there, and you have to pay for fuel to drive there and back and for food and lodging and don't see any hogs is that really a cheap hunt to get your boy a hog? If you do get a hog, not having the facilities to properly take care of the carcass is a PITA. Google wild boar hunts and you will find plenty of places that have meals and lodging and a hog or two a day and skinning and quartering your hog for one price. I don't know how much money you have to spend but sometimes you get what you pay for and having the convenience of only having to hunt and take a hog and have someone else take care of the rest is worth the extra money and you will have more time to enjoy the hunt with your son.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Cheap" should be removed from the dictionary and English language because there isn't much of anything that comes under that word any more!
Old 06-30-2016, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
"Cheap" should be removed from the dictionary and English language because there isn't much of anything that comes under that word any more!
You are wrong sir!!! There are many things that are cheap these days if you just look around. Cheap headaches, cheap heartaches and cheap hemorrhoids from dealing with the first two!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

You missed cheap politicians! They can be bought for chump change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.