Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Crazy Video of an Aoudad Attack >

Crazy Video of an Aoudad Attack

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Crazy Video of an Aoudad Attack

Old 12-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Spike

Default Crazy Video of an Aoudad Attack

Wanted to share this video of an aoudad attack at the hunting ranch I work at. (sorry couldn't figure out how to embed)

History: We have had this aoudad for 4 months or so and he has a extensive history of aggression towards other animals and people. I have about 150 trail cam pics of him attacking pretty much anything that moves. He will stalk us, sneak and attack us. It has came down to a wrestling match! He will ram ATVS, trucks and trailers. Usually you can scare him away, but his last episode he was relentlessly attacking the stock trailer for over 30 minutes.

On the day of the attack, a ranch hand was changing a tire. The owner noticed the aoudad charging at him, and yelled for him to get in the trailer. As soon as he moved, the aoudad rammed right where he was bending down at (he would have got him the back). He was continuously raming the trailer trapping them in there. There was another ranch hand that was trying to distract him, but he wouldn't stop. Eventually the owner got out and fired a few warning shots at him, and then he charged him and had to put him down.

I edited the video and made it funny. Please watch with the volume up to get the full effect Its pretty good.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

That was a nasty critter.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

He was just getting rid of a lot of extra testosterone, LOL!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
He was just getting rid of a lot of extra testosterone, LOL!
You got to love it when they fight back.............. Only fair !!!
Old 12-31-2015, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aoudad are pretty tough. I hunted then in TX once on a ranch a relative of a Navy buddy owned. Not one of those high fence game ranches, this one was a normal run of the mill cattle ranch down by Pearsall and Aoudads had moved in. The rancher wanted them thinned out and since I didn't have much going on, I obliged him. They were pretty hard to hunt but I did get this ram:

He was about 28 inches in horn length and was pretty old. The photo was taken on the front yard of the ranch house but the thing was shot in a really rough canyon. This is where he "lives" now:
Old 12-31-2015, 10:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Put a nice shot on him too...................

Boy are you nice to your buddy - LOL !!!
Old 01-01-2016, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Put a nice shot on him too...................

Boy are you nice to your buddy - LOL !!!
That's how you keep friends, stand by to assist and do favors for them in their time of need! LOL