Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Last Night

Old 08-22-2015, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default Last Night

Went and tried out my Tenpoint with Wac Em 4 blade Brodheads. I got the shot off at 15 yards. Found good blood on and off, but with the area flooded it made it really hard to track. The worst part is I know I heard it crash and squeal so I know it didn't go far but with all the water there's no telling where to find him because he could be laying in the water. I'll have to try it again before knocking off the Broadhead completely.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:17 AM
Spike

man thats too bad, sounds like hard tracking conditions.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you are going to use a bow you may want to have a good dog on standby.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah. I don't have access to dogs. But maybe just not use a bow when its flooded. I'll just use the 6.8 next time and I won't have that problem. Oh well. Part of the hunt sometimes unfortunately.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't used that wac em but it looks like a nasty critter. According to where you hit them, hogs have a tendency to seal up and leave very little blood. Especially with a shot close to the shoulder. That shield is cartilage and fat. Both tend to seal up. Any time you are out with a cross bow or bow, do your best going for a double lung. Even if the wound seals up, they will still be spewing blood out of their nose and mouth.

Florida marsh land is tough as can be for blood trailing. I'm with oldtimr on getting yourself a good blood dog. Any of the hounds work well and a few of the terriers. Jack Russels are supposed to be a superior tracker and they make pretty good pets as well. I don't have one because my Rotties like small dogs a little too much. They seem to make for good chew toys Well, good for one time anyway. I thought about cross training one of my Beagle hounds for it but I spend so much effort training them NOT to run deer I just feel it would be way to confusing to one.