Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Summer OK hogs

Old 03-31-2015, 02:16 PM
Spike

Default Summer OK hogs

Hello all. Correct me if I am wrong but hog hunting is allowed year round even on public land since coyote season runs year round right? This is the conclusion I came to after reading Oklahoma's wildlife website. I am not from Oklahoma so I am not real familiar with all the rules and regulations but I tried to do my homework. Anyways has anyone hunted Heyburn Lake? I am thinking about trying it out in May assuming its legal.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hello all. Correct me if I am wrong but hog hunting is allowed year round even on public land since coyote season runs year round right?
Hog hunting on private land is legal all year long. Hog hunting on private land does not require a hunting license outside of deer season.

Hog hunting in OK WMAs is a mixed bag. The use of a centerfire rifle is illegal outside of deer season in at least some WMAs.

Heyburn Lake is owned by the US Army Corps of Engineers.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fa...ma/heyburn.htm