Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Snake boots, which ones are you using and why? >

Snake boots, which ones are you using and why?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Snake boots, which ones are you using and why?

Old 03-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Spike

I am more scared of ticks and lyme then Snakes, but I just wear steel toes prob not going to protect me unless I get bit right where the steel is at.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Justin Stampede square toe snake boots. Very comfortable. I have a pair of Game Winner zip ups that are comfortable.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:47 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Don't over look snake proof leggings or gaiters. good thing if you already have a pair of boots and want snake proof protection. Cheaper too!

More protection than that? Look at chaps

Last edited by JW; 03-16-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

what size shoe do you wear... I may have a pair for you.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Here is what I use..................very lite as well !

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products

BTW - I walk through streams with them and never had a concern.
Pretty good sale on that one too
Old 03-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BIG DONNIE BRASCO
what size shoe do you wear... I may have a pair for you.
11-12 depending on how they are cut. I wear a wide shoe.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Darn, I was going to send you a pair for free but they are a size 10.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BIG DONNIE BRASCO
Darn, I was going to send you a pair for free but they are a size 10.
I super appreciate it Big Don!!! But me trying to put on a 10 would be like trying to put 10gals of dung in a 5 gal bucket!!!! Thanks all the same. Im a thinkin that I may take a stroll to Bass Pro this weekend. Cabelas does not carry them. Have to order them in then hope that size fits if it comes to your house. If I order them to the store, free shipping, but still pay for them then get my money back when I get there. Thats the hazelwood, mo store.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have owned 2 pair of lacrosse snake boots and both pair started leaking at around a year old. Being that i bought them for their light weight and being waterproof and not protection from snake bites I was not happy especially when you factor in the high cost. They where however light and reasonably comfortable.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
Don't over look snake proof leggings or gaiters. good thing if you already have a pair of boots and want snake proof protection. Cheaper too!
More protection than that? Look at chaps
That is what I do, when I'm hunting snake country. I've got a pair I got ages ago from Cabelas, elastic at the top and bottom. They also work well when walking through wet grass in the early morning, they keep your pants legs from getting soaking wet. I can take them off when it gets hot out.

Back in So. Cal I had pair of hunting pants tailored, they were leather from just above the knees down and kind of bell bottom or boot cut. The air would circulate up your calves and were a lot cooler than something tight on the lower leg.

They say Rattlers are more afraid of you than you are of them, which is a fact most times. Twice I've had Rattlers come right at me in attack mode. I've had Cotton mouths slither right up to me or right past me, with little or no concern I even existed, in the Southern States.

I was bitten, right hand second finger on the knuckle, by a Pacific Rattler (he never did Rattle), right through a pair of gloves while clearing brush. I'm glad it just nicked me and didn't get a full load of venom in there, it was bad enough as it was. Back in So. Cal the Rattlers favored laying in ambush right next to game trails, usually late in the day just before dark.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 04-06-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.