Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Solar Lunar Hunting Hogs

Old 02-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Spike

Default Solar Lunar Hunting Hogs

I was wondering if you guys pay as much attention to the solar lunar times when hog hunting as you do when deer hunting. First time really seeing when the major and minor times where and most the time I saw movement during those times. Would you say that the times are current for hog as well or you mostly just hunt at night regardless of when the major times are?
Old 02-03-2015, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

I played this game with my game camera and my kills. Basically, the solunar tables were garbage. I shot more than half during non minor and non major period and saw hogs just about any time after dark, regardless of the period.

I don't base any of my hunting on solunar tables. I hunt when I can hunt regardless of what the fish are doing in the ocean hundreds of miles away.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sincerely doubt hogs are affected one bit by the moon, they are affected by the sun but not in the wqay you are refering to. Hogs live by their stomach, they feed anytime when they are hungry. The heat of the day however, is a factor, when it is hot, hogs will lay up in the shade and in wallows to stay cool so if it is hot. Early morning and late evening are the best times, of course there is night time if it is legal and you have the equipment.