Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma >

Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma

Old 01-01-2015, 06:28 AM
Spike

Default Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma

Has anyone hunted this Ranch for Hogs in OK .....what was your experience....?.....likes....?......dislikes....?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:11 AM
Spike

I guess no one here has. I am looking to do a hog hunt in March in OK or GA. When are you going? Let me know how it went if you already went.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:32 PM
Spike

A buddy and I are going there in early March. Will be glad to give you report once we are back home.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

I have never hunted there before but I do live in Oklahoma and that area of the state is loaded up with hogs. I do want to take a trip there eventually though. I have heard great things about the ranch.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Spike

we hunted there for 2 days and didn't see a Pig. May want to consider going somewhere else.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Berettaman
we hunted there for 2 days and didn't see a Pig. May want to consider going somewhere else.
That is sometimes the way things go and why they call it hunting and not killing. Hogs can move around quite a bit and if that ranch is a big free range fair chase type operation, I could see how in two short days that could happen. When I hunted deer down in south Texas for a number of years on leased low fence places where hogs were pretty plentiful, sometimes you could go a number of days and not see a hog and then one day they would be all over the place.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-09-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-10-2015, 05:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Berettaman
If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost for those two non prolific days of hunting there? Was this guided or non guided?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

IMO: That Stuart ranch is a little pricey, with no guarantee of getting a hog.

http://www.stuartranchoutfitters.com/
Old 03-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Two days with food and lodging for $500.00 with unlimited hogs does not seem high to me. The only thing I would have a problem with is they have no facility to at least skin and hang the hogs in a cooler until the client goes home. I paid more than their prices in GA and SC and didn't have an opportunity to kill a hog and went back to PA empty handed in both cases. That is hunting.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Two days with food and lodging for $500.00 with unlimited hogs does not seem high to me. The only thing I would have a problem with is they have no facility to at least skin and hang the hogs in a cooler until the client goes home. I paid more than their prices in GA and SC and didn't have an opportunity to kill a hog and went back to PA empty handed in both cases. That is hunting.
That is hunting, but at that price IMHO, it is high priced hunting. Any place that charges that much needs to be able to find a hog in two days. I love to hunt and would not give a nickle to shoot over a feeder, that goes for hogs, black bear or whatever. If their guides can't find a hog to look at in two days, monies paid should not exceed 100 bucks per day food and lodging. I will trade anyone a darn fine spot to hunt deer for a place to hunt a smelly hog, but I refuse to make someone rich helping solve their problem. OBTW since you feel the price reasonable, I would offer two days food and lodging, with a walkin cooler provided for $500.00. You can shoot as many deer as legal.

Last edited by Tyme2Hunt; 03-10-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.