Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma >

Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma

Old 03-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

You pay whatever you are comfortable with, I will do the same. I don't have much of a problem with food lodging and a guide for 2 days at $500.00, it is less than many other places.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 03-10-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's $400 bucks for two days and it doesn't include food, just lodging! When you figure how much a decent hotel room costs nowadays, $200 a day to hunt and a good room for the night doesn't sound too bad. However, many people are pissed when they don't get an animal, but that's not why I go hunting and getting something is just icing on the cake!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-10-2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Top,I re-read the home page and I see you are correct, I missed that, I somehow read food and lodging included, so I will have to revise my opinion to 500.00 is too much simply for a bed and a stand and someone to put you there.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Top,I re-read the home page and I see you are correct, I missed that, I somehow read food and lodging included, so I will have to revise my opinion to 500.00 is too much simply for a bed and a stand and someone to put you there.
I was editing when you were making your last post. The 2 day fee is actually $400, but I think even for that price they could throw in some food and still make out pretty good.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, in one place the online ad says $400 for two days. In another place it says $500 for two days. At least some hog hunts are over bait.e

Two day hunts are $500, Three day hunts are $750 and any additional day is $200/day.

thttp://www.stuartranchoutfitters.com/Wild_Hog.phps are $500, Three day hunts are $750 and any additional day is $200/day.

• Hog hunts include lodging, guide service, transportation upon arrival at the ranch. Hunters have the option to harvest unlimited hogs each day.

• Hunts are over a baited feed site also possible spot and stalk hunts are available
y hunts are $750 and any additional day is $200/day.

• Hog hunts include lodging, guide service, transportation upon arrival at the ranch. Hunters have the option to harvest unlimited hogs each day.

• Hunts are over a baited feed site also possible spot and stalk hunts are available
are $500, Three day hunts are $750 and any additional day is $200/day.

http://www.stuartranchoutfitters.com/Wild_Hog.php
Old 03-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by falcon
Yep, in one place the online ad says $400 for two days. In another place it says $500 for two days. At least some hog hunts are over bait.e

Two day hunts are $500, Three day hunts are $750 and any additional day is $200/day.

thttp://www.stuartranchoutfitters.com/Wild_Hog.phps are $500, Three day hunts are $750 and any additional day is $200/day.

y hunts are $750 and any additional day is $200/day.

are $500, Three day hunts are $750 and any additional day is $200/day.

http://www.stuartranchoutfitters.com/Wild_Hog.php
You're right! I had the $500 priced down and then when I went back in on another looksee I saw $400 and thought I had misread the price. If you look up the tow different pages there are certainly different prices for a certain number of days, as well as additional days.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Spike

$500.00 Lodging only, there was no food. We were on our own for meals. The lodge was very nice and had everything you would need. Plenty of bedrooms, full kitchen, pool table and lounge area with TV.

I understand this is hunting, not shooting. The biggest issue I had was there was really no effort put forth to increase your odds of getting the opportunity to at least see a pig. We hunted in one man blinds over feeders ranging in distances from 70 to 200 yards between feeder and blind. The feeders (corn) would spin for 4 seconds twice a day. Once in the AM and then again in the PM. I know because I am familiar with that type of feeder and look at one feeders settings. To attract and HOLD game I would think you would run these longer. The feeder at one blind site was empty and by the looks of the ground around it had been so for quite some time. They did attract the deer, which were all staged at the feeder waiting for them to go off. (if you want to shoot a deer there are tons there) It just seemed to me that this ranch was geared more for deer hunting and are offering pig hunts as an way to extend their profits with very little cost/effort on their part.

Someone asked if this was guided or unguided. We had two ranch hands drop us off and pick us up for a morning sit. And then the same for an evening set. They were both very nice and tried the best they could to get us into pigs.

I'm trying not to be a a$$ here, but for the money, I expected more.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Berettaman
$500.00 Lodging only, there was no food. We were on our own for meals. The lodge was very nice and had everything you would need. Plenty of bedrooms, full kitchen, pool table and lounge area with TV.

I understand this is hunting, not shooting. The biggest issue I had was there was really no effort put forth to increase your odds of getting the opportunity to at least see a pig. We hunted in one man blinds over feeders ranging in distances from 70 to 200 yards between feeder and blind. The feeders (corn) would spin for 4 seconds twice a day. Once in the AM and then again in the PM. I know because I am familiar with that type of feeder and look at one feeders settings. To attract and HOLD game I would think you would run these longer. The feeder at one blind site was empty and by the looks of the ground around it had been so for quite some time. They did attract the deer, which were all staged at the feeder waiting for them to go off. (if you want to shoot a deer there are tons there) It just seemed to me that this ranch was geared more for deer hunting and are offering pig hunts as an way to extend their profits with very little cost/effort on their part.

Someone asked if this was guided or unguided. We had two ranch hands drop us off and pick us up for a morning sit. And then the same for an evening set. They were both very nice and tried the best they could to get us into pigs.

Nobody is insinuating you are and I agree that for $500 with no food included and just taking you out to sit two mornings and two evenings is a little much. I would like to ask you one question though. Have you done much or any hog hunting before? If you haven't and that place is a big as they say it is, unless it's overrun with porkers I'm not surprised that you wouldn't see a hog in that short time frame. Depending on the population along with the hunting pressure it's very possible the place could even have a good number of hogs, but they are smart and may be completely nocturnal. Most of the hogs I saw over the years down in south Texas were right at daylight and the last 5-10 minutes of light unless they were some really little ones that hadn't smartened up yet!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Berettaman

Good on you for telling it like it was. Two local groups I know of have had similar experiences as yours. One group went to Texas, the other Missouri. I will say again that $500.00 is outrageous for two days lodging, food or no food. I am heading to OK soon and will not consider a visit to the Stuart Ranch.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Tyme2Hunt
Good on you for telling it like it was. Two local groups I know of have had similar experiences as yours. One group went to Texas, the other Missouri. I will say again that $500.00 is outrageous for two days lodging, food or no food. I am heading to OK soon and will not consider a visit to the Stuart Ranch.
The only way you're going to be guaranteed of getting something for your money is to go to a high fenced "canned" hunt. What some of us think is too high a price for us may not be for others and the place is obviously making money selling hunts for that high price. It's just a fact that in our society it's supply and demand that dictates the going rate and eventually a lot of the average Joes get priced out. Hunting is right up there where you either hunt public land or pretty much have to pay quite a bit to lease a piece of land. If it's good and someone has more money that you're willing to pay, you're soon looking for another place. It happened to my Dad on 3 different ranches down in south Texas until he finally got too old to hunt any more. Please let us know how you do wherever you go and how much you pay for the hunt.