Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Prepare to LAUGH

Old 09-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Spike

Default Prepare to LAUGH

Ok guys and gals I made my boo boo for the year this morning. Myself and a friend from work were set up about a hundred yards apart in two separate fields bowhunting hogs this morning. We climbed in our stands at about 5 am, We could hear hogs squealing and messin around all over the place. When It got daylight they seemed to disappear like always in early sept. We were texting back and forth about maybe doing some spot and stalk and about 730 nature was calling me out of my stand. I scanned the fields and feeders with my bino's before I went to climb down, and at the last minute I looked at my bow and said to myself naw Ill leave it up here and be ok. So I climbed down walked about 40 yards away into a thicket to "get the job done" lol. After I took care of business I stood up buttoned my pants looked up and thought there was a cow standing about 20 yards away from me feeding. All of the suddon I realized there are no cows on the property so guess what it was, I had a previous trail cam pic of a giant boar that will prob go 400 pounds with 4 inches of teeth sticking out of his mouth. So as I watched the giant boar mess around for about twenty minutes he walked right under my stand to the feeder that was about 10 yards away. I had no way to kill him when my bow was in the tree so all I could do was laugh at my situation. Moral of the story is " DONT POO WITHOUT YOUR BOW" haha hope you guys found this amusing. GOOD HUNTING
Old 09-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

That's funny. In the Army you never leave your weapon, you always have it.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Spike

I know lol I was in Afghanistan 2011-2012 RC East at cop najil. I should've taken it with me
Old 09-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Spike

I did redeem myself I shot a sow this morning at 62 yards with my hoyt carbon spyder and a rage xtreme chisel tip!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sux, I did something similar and missed a shot at a nice buck once. Well at least you got a sow.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

thank you for your service. good story. i have a similar on where i was doing spot and stalk deer hunt with the bow. i was more or less screwing around that afternoon and saw some squirrels. decided to knock a blunt tip and see if i can hit one. made it slowly up a hill to where a squirrel was in a tree and got ready to draw back when i looked to my left and a big doe was staring at me. she took off and i never took that blunt tip with me ever again.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BowGuide23
I did redeem myself I shot a sow this morning at 62 yards with my hoyt carbon spyder and a rage xtreme chisel tip!
Nicely done. I'm glad your home safe and enjoying some hunting!

ATB
Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Taking it whit you.

Originally Posted by BowGuide23
I know lol I was in Afghanistan 2011-2012 RC East at cop najil. I should've taken it with me
I know, I was a squad gunner in Nam, In the bush , I had to lug the 60 all the time. I was fortunante though. I had a ammo handler to watch the gun during my nature calls. Still doing it with a 45 on your lap is not fun. LOL.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by troutbum
I know, I was a squad gunner in Nam, In the bush , I had to lug the 60 all the time. I was fortunante though. I had a ammo handler to watch the gun during my nature calls. Still doing it with a 45 on your lap is not fun. LOL.
thank you too for your service
Old 09-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Great story. I have been burned a couple of times and finally decided that the hunt is never over until you are off the property. First time, I thought it was a fluke. Second time, I figured it was just bad luck. Third time, I decided I was an idiot. There has been no fourth time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.