Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs In South Carolina?

Old 02-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Spike

Default Hogs In South Carolina?

I am a hunter from Vermont with absolutely no knowledge on hogs. My brother lives near Charleston South Carolina and was thinking of trying to get out after a few next time I am down to visit. Is there much public land? What are some of the basics a beginner needs to know? I know these are vague questions but anything anyone is willing to share would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by livcoop
I am a hunter from Vermont with absolutely no knowledge on hogs. My brother lives near Charleston South Carolina and was thinking of trying to get out after a few next time I am down to visit. Is there much public land? What are some of the basics a beginner needs to know? I know these are vague questions but anything anyone is willing to share would be helpful. Thanks.

I also live near Charleston. I hunt mostly private land, but also hunt on the Francis Marion National Forest nearby. I have found hogs near most any river and there are a few in the forest.

Read up on the rules and regs on this website:
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/
and look at the maps and then give er a little leg work.