Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Suppressed hog sniping...... >

Suppressed hog sniping......

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Suppressed hog sniping......

Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default Suppressed hog sniping......

This was taken about a month ago. The rifle used was purchased 2 days before taking this one and took a couple more it's first week out.

Suppressed 300 AAC Blackout using a 240gr sub sonic handload.

http://youtu.be/j1TE1kGHteU
Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Spike

awesome. I use my suppressed AR when I do my hunting. I have literally been able to get 5 hogs off of one feeder. They did run but since they were pretty confused on the sound they would stop just long enough to allow for a shot.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

Seeing the 240gr bullet in slo'mo brings back memories of air rifle hunting. Just watch it drop right in there. Makes me very curious about the Whisper 300. Mossber has a bolt action W300 for $505and Remington700 for $635. Strong pass thru shot. What I noticed about the entrance/exit wound was that you probably bypassed the shoulder bones.
1 Do you think the bullet would've expanded if it struck a big bone? Seems like with the slow and heavy bullets, aiming for the shoulder would work well and make placing the shot easy.
2 What do you estimate the pig to weigh?

Thank you for posting the vid, nicely done

Last edited by Sosalty; 12-22-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: grrr
Old 12-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sosalty
Seeing the 240gr bullet in slo'mo brings back memories of air rifle hunting. Just watch it drop right in there. Makes me very curious about the Whisper 300. Mossber has a bolt action W300 for $505and Remington700 for $635. Strong pass thru shot. What I noticed about the entrance/exit wound was that you probably bypassed the shoulder bones.
1 Do you think the bullet would've expanded if it struck a big bone? Seems like with the slow and heavy bullets, aiming for the shoulder would work well and make placing the shot easy.
2 What do you estimate the pig to weigh?

Thank you for posting the vid, nicely done
First, no I don't think these bullets will expand at the low velocities offered at subsonic speeds (appx. 1100fps) other than hitting something like steel plate. I could be wrong though.
Second that young sow wasn't weighed but probably in the 80lb range.

Here is the exit from an broadside ear shot....

Here's a 180lb boar, the heaviest to date taken with my blackout shot "head on" facing me with his head down right between the ears......

I have taken numerous hogs since that video was taken, ear or between the eyes pretty much spoil a hogs day.

Nothing to do with hogs but I culled some does the other day with the 300BO and shot some video. The link is below,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xvt1...YA1dB2DbG_QUEw
Old 12-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Hey doubleA, nice pictures and video, thanks for sharing! Seeing them long beards has me excited for spring turkey already!!
-Jake