Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

A Birthday Pig

Old 08-31-2013, 07:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default A Birthday Pig

Took my youngest son Josh to the ranch with me to see if we could find some pigs in this heat. I tagged this one this morning running from right to left at about 65 yards. What made this sweet I only had less than a second to get on him and shoot. I dropped him dead in his tracks; about 90% luck but I'll take him. I really wanted Josh to get one; he doesn't hunt much he's too busy racing cars and team roping but I think he's hooked now. I sure hope he come out to the ranch more often.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting and most of all, great time taking the son out to spend some quality time with him. Wish I could still do that with mine. Enjoy the pig and most of all, the memories of the hunt!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the running shot on the porker.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome job with your son. A great pig on the RUN!.. but the memory with your son is awesome!

Your experience with your son is the stuff that other hunters should see, and spread the word about a great American heritage.

I'm only 38 years old and I see this technical world coming to our young children. I hope we can fight this techy lifestyle and make kids see the beautiful outdoors off the couch and I-PODs

Great POST!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Spike

That is really a great catch..way to go with that pig.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MichiganWhitetails74 View Post
Awesome job with your son. A great pig on the RUN!.. but the memory with your son is awesome!

Your experience with your son is the stuff that other hunters should see, and spread the word about a great American heritage.

I'm only 38 years old and I see this technical world coming to our young children. I hope we can fight this techy lifestyle and make kids see the beautiful outdoors off the couch and I-PODs

Great POST!
It is great to spend time with my boys; Josh is my youngest and he turned 31 yesterday. They all grew up hunting and fishing with me when they were younger, but now that they all have children of their own the don't spend much time with dad. I hunt just about every weekend, lately I've been taking my grandsons with me to get him introduced to the world that we all love.