HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/381168-exotics-destroying-our-hunter-heritage.html)

Buck426 04-27-2013 02:20 PM

Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.

This is a venting topic.

Honestly, when a person thinks of 'hunting' Axis Deer in North America or Fallow Deer or some African Animal, they think of those blasted canned hunts......

As many of you know, these hunting zoos give us a bad name. I am 100% against ANY thing with a high fence. 10 acres of 100,000 Acres. A pen is a pen. If a farmer has 5 acres or 5000 acres, he is still known as a farmer. Your just shooting something in a zoo exhibit with the intention of wasting your ammunition on some species that doesn't belong here in the first place.

Places like this include 777 Ranch, Y.O Ranch, etc. amongst others offering zoo shoots.

These exotic hoofstock species should be ALL ERADICATED or sent to zoo zoos. They destroy our blessed god given native game which is so much to our hunting heritage. I don't give a crap if they are extinct in their homeland or endangered, just let nature take it damn course and quit bringing those stupid zoo animals and letting people mislable shooting them as 'hunts'.

Honestly I would go to Texas with countless ammo rounds and shoot every damn exotic hoofstock I see and let them rot in front of their rich pricky ranchers and big fat corporate 'hunters' riding lazily in a jeep waiting to shoot some tame zoo antelope and brag to his other corporate friends about how hard and tough his 'hunt' was.

Honestly we wouldn't have so much problems from the Anti's if we didn't have these zoo shoots.

jakeman3327 04-27-2013 02:29 PM

I agree with you on the whole high fence thing. They aren't really hunting. They just go where some guy tells them to and shoot the biggest thing they see which has essentially been farmed to be the biggest it can be.

OhioNovice 04-27-2013 02:53 PM

I'm not a fan or high fenced hunting either but I am still a conversationalist. If we can save a dying species by hunting it, then I am all for it. Especially considering its typically human beings that are the reason these animals and becoming extinct in the first place.

Mickey Finn 04-27-2013 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Buck426 (Post 4053989)
This is a venting topic.

Honestly, when a person thinks of 'hunting' Axis Deer in North America or Fallow Deer or some African Animal, they think of those blasted canned hunts......

As many of you know, these hunting zoos give us a bad name. I am 100% against ANY thing with a high fence. 10 acres of 100,000 Acres. A pen is a pen. If a farmer has 5 acres or 5000 acres, he is still known as a farmer. Your just shooting something in a zoo exhibit with the intention of wasting your ammunition on some species that doesn't belong here in the first place.

Places like this include 777 Ranch, Y.O Ranch, etc. amongst others offering zoo shoots.

These exotic hoofstock species should be ALL ERADICATED or sent to zoo zoos. They destroy our blessed god given native game which is so much to our hunting heritage. I don't give a crap if they are extinct in their homeland or endangered, just let nature take it damn course and quit bringing those stupid zoo animals and letting people mislable shooting them as 'hunts'.

Honestly I would go to Texas with countless ammo rounds and shoot every damn exotic hoofstock I see and let them rot in front of their rich pricky ranchers and big fat corporate 'hunters' riding lazily in a jeep waiting to shoot some tame zoo antelope and brag to his other corporate friends about how hard and tough his 'hunt' was.

Honestly we wouldn't have so much problems from the Anti's if we didn't have these zoo shoots.

I think you're an ...Deleted by CalHunter.... Nuff said?

CalHunter 04-27-2013 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Buck426 (Post 4053989)
This is a venting topic.
Venting is a good thing.

Hunters might think those things. People who aren't hunters would likely not know which animals are from Africa and which are not.

I don't know exactly how much of a bad name high fence operations give us or not. Most antis tend to badmouth all hunting and not just high fence hunting.

I would prefer not to see a game animal go extinct. If the animal(s) don't cause problems for our native game, it's nice to have additional hunting opportunities. Although you did mention "hoofstock," pheasants weren't native to our country either and look how well they have done. The same for wild boar.

Using your earlier terminology of "farm," this would be the equivalent of shooting some rancher's cattle. Either way, not a legal move and would probably have the rancher/farmer pressing charges.

Anti-hunters are like anti-gun people--Both want to eliminate ALL hunting and guns, not just part of them. Saying anti-hunters are upset over high fence hunting is the functional equivalent of saying anti-gun people are upset over AR-15's. It's an incrementalist strategy that is designed to divide and conquer hunters and gunowners. It's effective, dangerous and, unfortunately, different groups of hunters and gunowners accept its' surface logic and further enable antis to chip away at hunting and guns.

Pick any state you want and you can see evidence of this tactic working. In my state (CA), the anti-hunters just got bear-hunting with dogs outlawed. It won't stop with bears. I can see wild boar as their next incrementalist step and then why stop there? All of that bird hunting with dogs will eventually get targeted.

As each group of hunters or gunowners are stripped of their rights, at least some will probably drop out of the fight and thus reduce our #'s. Eventually, the antis will get around to the kind of hunting you like and/or the kind of guns you prefer. With their incremental strategy, you will have less allies when you need them the most.

I understand that most hunters don't like high fence hunting and what it stands for. It may not be the purest form of hunting but I don't like giving the antis anything for free. We lost cougar hunting in my state and then hunting bears with dogs. Anti-gunners in my state are trying to impose a 5-cent tax per bullet and restrict ALL ammo to non-lead statewide because of the condor. It's a dangerous downward slide that's happening in my state and others.

Now you've vented and so have I a bit. hopefully all hunters and gunowners can count on each other in these dangerous times. We definitely need the help.

rogerstv 04-29-2013 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by CalHunter (Post 4054046)
Anti-hunters are like anti-gun people--Both want to eliminate ALL hunting and guns, not just part of them. Saying anti-hunters are upset over high fence hunting is the functional equivalent of saying anti-gun people are upset over AR-15's. It's an incrementalist strategy that is designed to divide and conquer hunters and gunowners. It's effective, dangerous and, unfortunately, different groups of hunters and gunowners accept its' surface logic and further enable antis to chip away at hunting and guns.

Pick any state you want and you can see evidence of this tactic working. In my state (CA), the anti-hunters just got bear-hunting with dogs outlawed. It won't stop with bears. I can see wild boar as their next incrementalist step and then why stop there? All of that bird hunting with dogs will eventually get targeted.

As each group of hunters or gunowners are stripped of their rights, at least some will probably drop out of the fight and thus reduce our #'s. Eventually, the antis will get around to the kind of hunting you like and/or the kind of guns you prefer. With their incremental strategy, you will have less allies when you need them the most.

I understand that most hunters don't like high fence hunting and what it stands for. It may not be the purest form of hunting but I don't like giving the antis anything for free. We lost cougar hunting in my state and then hunting bears with dogs. Anti-gunners in my state are trying to impose a 5-cent tax per bullet and restrict ALL ammo to non-lead statewide because of the condor. It's a dangerous downward slide that's happening in my state and others.

Now you've vented and so have I a bit. hopefully all hunters and gunowners can count on each other in these dangerous times. We definitely need the help.

Wow. Great response. Lots of wisdom in your post. A++.

TO THE OP,

You may dislike high fence operations, but don't be the one driving a wedge between hunters (you vs. high fence) thus providing the anti's with an "in". If a person is "hunting" in a manner they like and said manner is legal, then so be it. It really shouldn't negatively affect you.

Tundra10 04-30-2013 09:35 PM

Go for it if that's your thing!

No thanks for me.

NebBuckHunter 05-01-2013 06:50 PM

You realize pheasants were once "exotic"??

sconnyhunter 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn (Post 4054020)
I think you're an idiot. Nuff said?

A wise woman once told me, If you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth shut.

In other words, mm, keep your mouth shut. Unless you can add to the conversation.

Buck426 05-20-2013 02:05 PM

Except what there is a difference between REAL hunting(DIY only in native range, spending months of scouting preparation, etc) compared to pseudo-hunting(International hunting/canned animal shoots.) I once had fun driving an aspergers/autism kid to tears because the only type of hunting he did was zoo shoots in Texas and Ohio with species that should be eradicated like Gemsbok, Axis Deer, and Addax. Needless to say I educated him between his little patience imbalance zoo shoots and real hunting that his kind could never do.