Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage. >

Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by lak2004
Sounds to me like buck426 is an anti trying to get people to say the wrong thing. Who would pick on somebody with autism/aspergers? He wants someone to agree with his prejudice views to make us all look bad. I think a permanent ban is in order due to those comments alone.
I thought the same thing when I read some of those comments, but the 3 day was probably appropriate on a first offense. However, if he spouts any more of that garbage if I was the Moderator I would send him packing for good!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. He apparently hunts so I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt. People do tend to get all riled up about this topic but still need to follow HNI rules about posting. I think his opinion is harsh and don't agree with it but he is welcome to "discuss" his opinion when he gets back as long as he follows the rules.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The whole thread just reminded me of someone trolling. He was looking for a reaction and he found one or two.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 06-03-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Banned

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 06-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look up the word troll and if you weren't trolling you were close to it! All of us on this site are real hunters and none of us has said we liked canned hunts. However, you have gone way overboard in your posts, especially saying all high fences are bad, all exotics should be killed, etc., and that one post was absolutely disgusting and you darn sure know the one I'm talking about. Go hunt Aoudad out in west Texas some time and I'll bet you'll change your tune about exotics! You got banned for violating site rules for being so harsh in your attitude and criticism of members and if it continues now that you're back I can guarantee you the Moderator will can your rearend for good just like he said!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-04-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I consider myself a real hunter. I've Bowhunted since 1956 & fortunate enough to take 38 Biggame animals with a recurve (I've shot Elk, Bear, Whitetail). I've also managed a wide variety & well over 100+ with a compound. I have never gun hunted any biggame animal but see nothing wrong with it..
My Bowhunting has consisted of 13 states & 2 Canadian priovinces. 95+% of ALL my Bowhunts have been PUBLIC LAND, Mostly tent camping AND DO IT YOURSELF. If you measure success by a KILL, I've done it that way. I definatly know about FAIR CHASE. I've managed a few GUIDED where required by law & they were great. Now, High Fence Zoo hunting as you mentioned. I've done several HF Bowhunts & guess what, they were exciting, hunting & educational as any hunt has been for me & nothing like "picking out" one you want. I've HF Bowhunted 1200 through 4000 acre places & trust me, none were "canned".
I have 2 out of state DIY, Public land bowhunts planned for this year & 1 HF & 1 Low fence & I know they will all be enjoyable & all come with NO GUARENTEE of even a shot. Like I said, I've been on BOTH sides of the fence & done what most on these hunting sites will only dream of-I mean, how many have Bowhunted Elk over 30 times & Bears over 20 + Mule Deer, Whitetail, Caribou, Buffalo, Antelope, Hogs, & more. Oh yea, my 1st Bear was BIY, public land I baited myself & he was about 600#s & 19" skull. Wasn't hunting I suppose cause I baited him but I have a nice 6'4" rug & the meat was great. We all have "our' personal feelings of what is hunting & that is fine. If it is legal, I have no problem with it. I question todays "real" hunters with gam cams, lures, food plots & a HIT LIST & DEER they give names to. it's FAIR CHASE & LEGAL HUNTING so, though I don't do it, I don't condem those who do as non hunters or whatever.
I enjoy HF Bowhunting Exotics as it allows me the chance to hunt an animal I cannot afford to in their native land. I don't hunt Whitetail Hf but then I've lived in Ill. & Ia. all my life & great Whitetail hunting. Enjoy your hunt, no matter how & with what weapon as long as it is legal... I have DONE what most will only DREAM of, I am blessed.. Some of those DIY animals.. The Bear I mentioned 1980..
Attached Thumbnails Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-bigbearinthewoods.jpg   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-fixedfirstdeerphoto.jpg   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-fixedrustforky1968.jpg   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-twoillresizewtail0001-1.jpg   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-croponeelk500.jpg  

Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Look up the word troll and if you weren't trolling you were close to it! All of us on this site are real hunters and none of us has said we liked canned hunts. However, you have gone way overboard in your posts, especially saying all high fences are bad, all exotics should be killed, etc., and that one post was absolutely disgusting and you darn sure know the one I'm talking about. Go hunt Aoudad out in west Texas some time and I'll bet you'll change your tune about exotics! You got banned for violating site rules for being so harsh in your attitude and criticism of members and if it continues now that you're back I can guarantee you the Moderator will can your rearend for good just like he said!

Last edited by CalHunter; 06-08-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Buck426
***Who are you to say that something doesn't belong somewhere and needs exterminating just because you dont like it?!!! Your rant sounds like a guy who wanted to exterminate an entire human race and did take millions of lives before he was stopped! The places you've mentioned are big acreage ranches that are far from what most call a "canned" or "pen" hunt and for you to make that comment about Aoudad out in west Texas shows you know nothing about the subject. The King ranch itself covers several COUNTIES in southeast Texas, LOL! Aoudad are hard to hunt on the millions of acres of open range that they inhabit in west Texas and they are hard to hunt in that harsh environment and fill a niche where no other big game animal can survive. Have you ever been to any of these places you're lambasting or even to Texas at all on any type of hunt? Please take it somewhere else as your harsh attitude and philosophy is ridiculous when you extend your thoughts out past small acreage "canned & pen" situations!

Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Banned

Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its time to lock this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.