Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage. >

Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

It takes all kinds to make the world go around. I have been fortunate to have Bowhunted 13 States & 2 Canadian provinces for a wide variety of Biggame. 95% of these have been Public land AND DIY. I've been fortunate to have had some guided Bowhunts & all but 2 were Law required. So, I pretty much done it all in 57 years of Bowhunting. Oh, yes, 38 Biggame animals with recurves & mostly wood arrows b/4 Compounds too.
That being said, I've done some HF bowhunting for Exotics & Hogs on places of 1200 through 4000 acres. Yep, fenced. I & 2 of my adult Kids I treated to these hunts had a great time. We know exactly what it is/was and yes, STILL had a great time.. I plan on more down the road & none have been like shooting at a ZOO animal. I was very skeptical b/4 I went on my 1st & actually researched places for nearly 2 years b/4 booking my 1st. Unfortunatly, there are places that aren't like hunting & kinda like you mentioned BUT I've not been to one anywhere close to that.
Unfortunatly, everyone on a DIY hunt doesn't set the best example either-yep, we got some real A-H-L-S out there.
Now, since I've been on BOTH sides of the fence & probably done what most will only dream of, I think someone needs to get a life... I have 2 out of state DIY Whitetail Bowhunts planned, 1 Antelope DIY-all public land for this year AND TWO HF hunts..
Oh, I also have an autistic G-son & I can't imagine trying to set him straight on something like the difference in a hunt. You really do have a problem..
Attached Thumbnails Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-scan0008.jpg   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-scan0009.jpg  
Old 05-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Banned

20,500 or 100,000 acres a pen is still a pen. Good job on ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 05-31-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Rules violation
Old 05-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im convinced!!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Buck426
I once had fun driving an aspergers/autism kid to tears.
That says it all right there.

I'd be more worried about strip mining and such than canned hunts. The antis hate us all equally.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now adays, I doubt all the free range hunters are hunting a property over 200 to 400 private acres if they are lucky-in the midwest anyway. Hell, many of todays hunters get lost if it's over 100 acres unless they have their GPS, trail cameras, Buck Lure & food plots. yea, it's fair chase these days. In fact, it's so fair (free range) that guy's have a hit list & their Bucks have names.. You can condem others all you want, but when many look in their bag of tricks their not much above hunting a fence..
Old 05-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Spike

Just a reminder a lot of livestock raisers have high fence guess you do not hunt farms have no interest in exotics but ill sure hunt deer at farms and so do you.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Fork Horn

This is a venting topic.

Honestly, when a person thinks of 'hunting' Axis Deer in North America or Fallow Deer or some African Animal, they think of those blasted canned hunts......

As many of you know, these hunting zoos give us a bad name. I am 100% against ANY thing with a high fence. 10 acres of 100,000 Acres. A pen is a pen. If a farmer has 5 acres or 5000 acres, he is still known as a farmer. Your just shooting something in a zoo exhibit with the intention of wasting your ammunition on some species that doesn't belong here in the first place.

Places like this include 777 Ranch, Y.O Ranch, etc. amongst others offering zoo shoots.

These exotic hoofstock species should be ALL ERADICATED or sent to zoo zoos. They destroy our blessed god given native game which is so much to our hunting heritage. I don't give a crap if they are extinct in their homeland or endangered, just let nature take it damn course and quit bringing those stupid zoo animals and letting people mislable shooting them as 'hunts'.

Honestly I would go to Texas with countless ammo rounds and shoot every damn exotic hoofstock I see and let them rot in front of their rich pricky ranchers and big fat corporate 'hunters' riding lazily in a jeep waiting to shoot some tame zoo antelope and brag to his other corporate friends about how hard and tough his 'hunt' was.

Honestly we wouldn't have so much problems from the Anti's if we didn't have these zoo shoots.
Did you put some thought into this post or take a breath? I understand you're mad but I dont think you're thinking clearly. I doubt antis would be any less anti with the eradication of these "zoo's/ranches". They want hunters to stop the killing. Im glad you dont have countless ammo rounds, I actually hope that no one pisses you off when you're near your gun either.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Fork Horn

20,500 or 100,000 acres a pen is still a pen. Good job on shooting your zoo animals.
And a small island is what, an island.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

This "debate' will go on until the end of time. Those who have experienced "both" sides of the fence & at facilities of a size like 1000 + acres have a different view than those who have never experienced such (Usually). In our ranks (hunters) we have many that think we sholuld not use guns or a compound & crossbows ect..
Everthing has it's "place" in the outdoor hunting community.
I know hunters that would never use a guide for "anything" & consider DIY the only way. I've been blessed to have done HF, hundreds of DIY Public land & several guided Bowhunts & ALL have been a great, enjoyable experience. I also feel that these HF operations that have helped in preventing "a animal" from becoming extict has done something worth while.
Personally, I feel those using food plots & game cameras to track & give NAMES their quarry are no more sporting than those who think HF is "taboo".. BUT, if it's legal it is the beauty of being in the good ol USA, OUR CHOICE...
Attached Thumbnails Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-mengoatresize.jpg   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-rsz_hogtouchup2_copy2-01.jpg   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-60sbucks.jpg   Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.-scan0015.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Chopayne
And a small island is what, an island.
I guess he won't fish in a pond or lake without any tributaries either. Its a barrel regardless if its 55 gallons or 55 billion gallons. He would probably also omit fishing for most trout since many are not native to the streams and trout are stocked from hatcheries.

You might as well add pheasant to the list of "exotics" also. Many of them including the common pheasant came from Asia. Lets eradicate all the wild mustangs too. Its an invasive species too, correct?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.