Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage. >

Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

"I once had fun driving an aspergers/autism kid to tears because the only type of hunting he did was zoo shoots in Texas and Ohio with species that should be eradicated like Gemsbok, Axis Deer, and Addax. Needless to say I educated him between his little patience imbalance zoo shoots and real hunting that his kind could never do."

Anybody that would publicly admit to the above is nothing more than a pathetic excuse for a human being! Who in their right frame of mind would take enjoyment from bringing a mentally handicapped child to tears and then bragging about it? I don't know you, I wouldn't know you if I bumped into you on the street, but if I did know you I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get along very well.

I understand this topic is old and the OP was banned, but this sure rubbed me the wrong way!

Last edited by flags; 12-16-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by logancbeeman
If you kill an animal that was imported and put in a fence that's fine by me but don't tell your wife kids family and friends that you hunted it tell them the truth and say you paid a farmer to harvest some of his livestock with your weapon of choice.
Well put! I'll add though that I'd rather eat one of these 'harvested' animals any-day rather than the store bought garbage that's pumped full of antibiotics and gum wrappers.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by thatredneckrockerdude1
I agree with the OP 110%
***Say what?!!! Looks like another troll has arrived on the thread guys!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***Say what?!!! Looks like another troll has arrived on the thread guys!!!
lol sorry, didn't know that it was wrong for me to have an opinion
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by thatredneckrockerdude1
lol sorry, didn't know that it was wrong for me to have an opinion
So you agree that it is proper for the OP to be making disabled kids cry? Because that is exactly what you are saying when you agree with him 100%! I'm not crazy about the whole exotic animal hunting concept but admitting to taking pleasure from that crap is simply pathetic and uncalled for!

Last edited by flags; 01-03-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Typical Buck

This thread is SUPPOSED to be about exotic game animals. The only thing I have against it is the possibility that these animals may have been carriers of diseases and brought in before laws were in place to check them. CWD mysteriously popped up out west in the 80's. That is from what I read, I could be wrong on that (Anybody?). Then it SOMEHOW jumped to the east. The only place it was first found in PA was in captive deer. Now it has been found in wild deer here. Heck of a coincidence. Canned hunts? I don't care. ahunter55 pretty much summed up what "Modern hunters" use and are like. Not much difference that I can see.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gunplummer---I believe CWD was first found in northern Colorado and then on into southern Wyoming. I dont believe it had anything to do with exotic animals, although now most states have really clamped down even on movement of any dead ungulate animal parts. This especially includes the skull and brain that must be thoroughly cleaned out before movement between most states. The big thing is that now with modern technology being able to test down into the parts per billion many things besides CWD are being found that have probably been in existence since the beginning of time. EHD from midge bites has no preventative or cure and is killing a lot more deer than all the other stuff, including CWD, combined. It's a swift, nasty killer of any animal that gets it and it's not spread from animal to animal.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

That probably is right, but I think it was elk first. There is a heck of a lot of high fence hunting preserves here in the north east and they cater to elk and exotic hunters. We used to have a huge wild Chinese pheasant population here in PA. The biologists blamed it on DDT, clean farming, housing and who knows what when they disappeared. The pheasants disappeared so fast there is no way it could have been that. Right around that time there was an oriental bird flu hitting the chicken farms. There were hundreds of thousands (Millions?) of chickens slaughtered to try and stop it. The pheasant is from the orient and everybody and his brother was releasing them. Our Game Commission frowns on raising and releasing turkeys for that reason now. Our forests here are dieing because of foreign bugs and blights. Some introduced, some accidental. It is always playing with fire introducing something where it does not belong.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

I really don't see anything wrong with it. Cattle, horses are also critters brought over from across the pond. I guess most of the domestic stock came over from somewhere else. High fence hunting isn't my thing but if I needed meat and someone let me shoot a cow for a cheap enough fee I could probably be talked into it.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
So you agree that it is proper for the OP to be making disabled kids cry? Because that is exactly what you are saying when you agree with him 100%! I'm not crazy about the whole exotic animal hunting concept but admitting to taking pleasure from that crap is simply pathetic and uncalled for!
dude what the hell are you talking about? how does exotic animals have anything to do with making disabled kids cry? I was talking about the original post. I don't have enough time in my day to go through this entire thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.