Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

We finally met

Old 02-26-2013, 04:35 AM
Spike

Default We finally met

He must have been smelling me and I been seeing him for a while, but only on the trail cam, not in person. He's been hanging around, kind of sparatic. I would see his pics for a couple days then he would do what boars usually do and disappear for a week at the time. Sunday evening we finally showed up at the same place and same time. Trail cam showed he was there at 5:30 on Saturday evening but he and a couple more boars decided to wait till right at dark to come in on Sunday. Didn't much matter as long as I had shooting light. I had left my fanny pack home by mistake, video camera and all. I had left at 5:30 Sunday morning to drive down and just didn't get all my stuff. My spot has been flooded for a while, more than a foot of water around but it didn't seem to bother these boars. My shot was dead on the money and he didn't go far. I was glad too cause at 220 lbs he was not easy for me to deal with. My wife wasn't feeling well and decided to sit this one out. I could have used her help for sure.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the big porker. Good writeup too.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the nice pig.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

some good sausage and chops there! that orange/red looking one is good sized too...what state are you in?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Spike

SC wilcam
here's a few more from my "things to do list"

Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Spike

That's one awesome hog. Are you going to have him mounted?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Spike

Snake, he is not my biggest, we have several mounted now, no room really to hang another.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the piggie. Would sure like to get some bacon myself, but none of em around here.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redgreen
Congrats on the piggie. Would sure like to get some bacon myself, but none of em around here.
theres some in south and central Oregon moving up from California, Ive heard Montana has them as well...there was some reports of some in southern Idaho but I havent found anything recent that says they are around...that doesnt mean anything though..
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by weekender
SC wilcam
here's a few more from my "things to do list"

man those are some good sized hogs...they are so destructive...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.