Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
looking for a place to hog hunt >

looking for a place to hog hunt

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

looking for a place to hog hunt

Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Spike

Default looking for a place to hog hunt

Myself and a couple buddies are thinking of trying a hog hunt maybe feb or march. We have no idea where to go or what to believe. google searches says everyone is the best. any tips or advice would be appreciated. ie where to look for info, what price is a fair price that kind of stuff. thanks
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Any sort of cultivated land will usually hold hogs. Check your local public hunting lands. Many of them have government-managed plots
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

where are you located. I hear tx is good but I haven't had any luck here. I went to GA for a week and smashed them. I'm not a fan of hunting over bait so maybe thats why tx hasn't faired so well for me. I've only been here a few months.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

I too am looking for a good hog hunt. I have heard good things about the All About U ranch in Oklahoma, but I've also heard its basically a canned hunt. We are looking to go to Oklahoma. Any suggestions anyone?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have heard good things about the All About U ranch in Oklahoma
Yep, its a high fence canned hunt. i own property near there.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Spike

i am located in wi. don't really care where. just thought a week off in late winter to do some hunting sounded good. was hoping to stay a little closer to home than south texas or florida. just was hoping to get pointed in the right direction. everyones web site makes it sound and look like theirs is the best. i just dont want to throw a couple hundred bucks away because a web site looks nice.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Falcon. Do you hear good things? I don't really care too much about the hunt.m they are just pigs....I just looking for a good weekend with the boys and maybe some tusks for the wall.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Falcon. Do you hear good things?
i don't personally know anyone who has hunted there. Its near some property we own. That entire area is over run with wild hogs. They used to lease property in that area for hog hunting.

There are some outfitter reports for the place on the web:

http://bowsite.com/bowsite/OUTFITTER...?reportid=1373

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/OUTFI...?reportid=1356

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforum...hreadid=390021

And this:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...Number=1686555

i do know that we did not have a hog problem in that area until they came in. a hog trapper i know says they buy a lot of hogs.

Last edited by falcon; 12-12-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info. Yeah their website states that they buy and stock hogs year round.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Spike

I just got back from Hunters Creek Ranch, about an hour east of Dallas. Had a fantastic hunt. It is a low fenced property, mainly to keep out trespassers rather than keep the hogs in. Even if it was a high fence, it's thousands of acres, so it's definitely not your typical "canned" hunt. I shot 4 hogs in less than 2 days. Biggest was 123lb. but I saw a couple of bruisers. You have to be quick on the draw to get the big boys, though - they don't get big by accident. 2 of my hogs came over feeders, 2 came from stalking. They also do dog hunts and spotlighting - basically whatever you want. Prices are reasonable. I definitely recommend them. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more info. I'll be going back next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.