Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting-SP, HP,FMJ ?

Old 03-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

Like half baked said, use what you have. Don't make a speical trip to the gun store to buy more bullets.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bullet placement on hogs, and everything else, trumps caliber. Hog hunted with a guy who bragged up his custom .300 Win Mag and its magic 180 grain bullets. We were hunting wheatfields and he gut shot a huge sow that ran into a plum thicket a few hundred yards away. We jumped the sow from the thicket and he gut shot her again.

The guy wanted me to field dress his hog. Told him he would field dress the hog under instruction. i stood there giving instructions while the guy retched and gagged with his hands covered in green slime.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Very true fact. Just use a bigger bullet and that makes for a smaller miss!!!!!!!

For a sure hit? But I think that hog was really not meant for a bullseye then. Better luck next time, I know you are good at hunting.

---------------------------
r236fa | r404a | 236fa | hfc236fa | HFC-236fa

Last edited by drivshred; 05-13-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
Bullet placement on hogs, and everything else, trumps caliber. Hog hunted with a guy who bragged up his custom .300 Win Mag and its magic 180 grain bullets. We were hunting wheatfields and he gut shot a huge sow that ran into a plum thicket a few hundred yards away. We jumped the sow from the thicket and he gut shot her again.

The guy wanted me to field dress his hog. Told him he would field dress the hog under instruction. i stood there giving instructions while the guy retched and gagged with his hands covered in green slime.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm..when will smell-i-vision be invented....thats when ya reach down there and stick yer finger in it and give it a lil taste and say..."wonder where the pig is finding that mint leaf at?"