Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
000 buckshot recommendation for hogs >

000 buckshot recommendation for hogs

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

000 buckshot recommendation for hogs

Old 03-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Been hangin round , how bout yourself? Pricey? They are REALLY cheap compared to the sabot slugs out there!!!! You can pick up a 10 pack of Remington or Winchester Punkin ball slugs for around $1 apiece.
Sorry I ment to say that the Winchester PDX1 12's are alittle pricey compared to Remington and Winchester rifled slugs. But all in all the sport of patterning any shot is pricey if you go out for hours of shooting but its all fun! Good to hear you are doing well, I remember being on a topic with you pertaining ladders for stands and I really took your tree stand accident to heart. Glad you faired ok.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Spike

look at the tri ball buckshot from dixie slugs.it may be what you are looking for.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Spike

Saw alot of stuff pertaining to tri ball being accurate of the 70-80 yards with a tight choke. Full or extrafull constriction. I thought about picking up a box of Centurion buck ball it has 1- .650 ball and 6 .30 caliber balls. Seems like it would be better than 000 buck now that I've had such poor groups at 50 yards. So I alreading know how 000 buck in my shotguns and how the Winchester PDX1 12's do good, they seem to do alot better than Remington and Winchester rifled slugs at least in all of my shotguns.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by smokepole70
Sorry I ment to say that the Winchester PDX1 12's are alittle pricey compared to Remington and Winchester rifled slugs. But all in all the sport of patterning any shot is pricey if you go out for hours of shooting but its all fun! Good to hear you are doing well, I remember being on a topic with you pertaining ladders for stands and I really took your tree stand accident to heart. Glad you faired ok.
Yeah I remember ya. Take a tad more than that to keep this Texan down. That and a fat boy just bounces more than most people!!LMAO!! Have fun and good luck with your hog slayn!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Yeah I remember ya. Take a tad more than that to keep this Texan down. That and a fat boy just bounces more than most people!!LMAO!! Have fun and good luck with your hog slayn!!!
Thank you sir and hope we can share stories again soon!