Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Hog Hunting in Eastern Tennesse >

Hog Hunting in Eastern Tennesse

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting in Eastern Tennesse

Old 12-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Spike

Question Hog Hunting in Eastern Tennesse

I'm going to be in Knoxville for 6 weeks in January and February. Was curious if there were any hog hunting opportunities in the area.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Spike

about 1 hour away not sure if that is to far

http://loshbough.com/
Old 12-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Are you allowed to hunt hogs in Tennessee still? I thought I read in this years Hunting and Trapping guide you were not allowed to hunt them anymore.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by cal516
Are you allowed to hunt hogs in Tennessee still? I thought I read in this years Hunting and Trapping guide you were not allowed to hunt them anymore.
I don't believe we are allowed to hunt them anymore, Except for in a couple counties.

They have new definitions on Feral Hog and Wild Boar too that separates and protects the two.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

My friends and I are actually thinking of going to loshbough. does anybody have any thoughts on this place?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Why on earth would they stop hog huntn??? Aren't they the most destructive feral rats?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Spike

It's been a while, but we hunted Wilderness hunting preserve in Monterey.....don't know how close that is to Knoxville, or if it may be an option. Had a great time all the times we've been there.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Typical Buck

Monterey is not too far from Knoxville. There are a few ranches in Cumberland county. Unfortunately, the TWRA shut us down for statewide hogs. Of course this has to happen while I am stationed overseas and could not get any last minute hog hunting in. @ hookem, they did it because people were not shooting them on sight. A lot of people were promoting their reproduction and growth in order to guide hunts for them and what not. I do think the state made a bad decision by banning hunting them though. Heck, I would not pass on one! Big pigs, small pigs, short pigs, tall pigs, I will whack any of them I see if I can!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Spike

Anywhere close to Great Smoky natl park, or the national forests near it. I remember seeing many in western north carolina when I had a small house there. That area now though is a huge sprawl of giant houses, golf courses, and country clubs. I've never walked on the tennesee side, but I heard they have a lot in the mountains close to the north carolina border.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ihookem1
Why on earth would they stop hog huntn??? Aren't they the most destructive feral rats?

They are using reverse psychology. If we can't hunt them then that would deter anyone bringing them in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.