Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
hog hunting with a knief and dog's >

hog hunting with a knief and dog's

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hog hunting with a knief and dog's

Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WildLifeSniper85
Is it legal to hunt them that way there? I was just watching a game warden show that comes on the history channel (not sure what the name of the show is) and they were trying to catch people that were hunting hogs that way.
It may be illegal in areas where some groups have a hold but here the law want them gone here. You can hunt hog over bait, with dogs or knife, they are tearing the land up.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by WildLifeSniper85
Is it legal to hunt them that way there? I was just watching a game warden show that comes on the history channel (not sure what the name of the show is) and they were trying to catch people that were hunting hogs that way.
Legal in Florida....Year round on Private Property ONLY, day or nights.......Considered Pest Control...
Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default 8 year old boy with Knife!

http://tinypic.com/r/2cmx63b/7]View My Video
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Hogs are an exotic species. Before EuroAsian people came to america, there was no such thing as an America hog. So they are considered an invasion species. Most places are trying to eraticate them. I know here in North West Texas they are upping the game and shooting them from helicopters.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
Hogs are an exotic species. Before EuroAsian people came to america, there was no such thing as an America hog. So they are considered an invasion species. Most places are trying to eraticate them. I know here in North West Texas they are upping the game and shooting them from helicopters.
Not considered Legal Game in Florida, Only on Wild Life Management Areas during Hunting Season......
Old 01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
Now that was a great video, thanks for putting that on here!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
Not considered Legal Game in Florida, Only on Wild Life Management Areas during Hunting Season......
Thats interesting. Here in Texas, it doesnt matter where they are, they are open game all year around and 24 hr a day.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Im going to texas to hunt hogs soon and i want to try this. Are dogs essenchial?if so where can i find someone with dogs? also is iot a tough hunt?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by mortalcare
Im going to texas to hunt hogs soon and i want to try this. Are dogs essenchial?if so where can i find someone with dogs? also is iot a tough hunt?
You might do a google search. There use to be some local high school kids who use to offere hunts here. And yes, you need to have dogs so they can bay the hog and at the very least you need catch dogs. If not, you will just be running around looking for hogs.

As far as a tough hunt, it reminds me alot of coon hunting with dogs. You send out the bay dogs, and when they find the hogs, you send out the catch dogs. Then walk up and do your thing.

I used these high school kids to help my catch a bunch of hogs on my land once when it was really over ran. We caught them, hog tied them, and took them to market. We didnt knife them. The market was so low, we bearly made our gas money back. Which was ok, my whole goal was to thin them out a bit.

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 01-13-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mortalcare
Look at the video Rebel Hog posted. on post #13 on this thread. It will show you what is happening hunting with dogs. Yes you do need dogs. You should not have a problem finding a hog hunter in Texas. Good luck and have fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.