HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Another Bostick plantation thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/328302-another-bostick-plantation-thread.html)

mallardman68 08-23-2010 05:22 PM

Another Bostick plantation thread

I saw another thread on here about the place and wanted to add my two cents but the thread was closed.
Just got back yesterday from a 3 day hunt. Let me tell you now just to save your money!! There were 6 of us there and 1 hog killed, no deer killed........and yes we all were deer hunting as well.
Now normally I do alot of research on something before I buy it, but this time I failed to do any! I had seen mine first ad for the place about 25 years ago in a sporting magazine and it stuck with me, I had envisioned a nice little buck in velvet for the wall. Well all told I saw a total of 5 deer, 4 does and 1 buck..........and 1 pig. I let my gf take the shot at the buck and she failed to connect, so in all fairness we did have 1 opportunity..........the pig acted like it had just been released and was hitting about 45 mph through a thicket, no chance of even getting the gun up on it. I asked to be put on a field and got it.........just happened to be a cotton field(never seen a deer eat cotton), then I asked to be put on a food plot..........got it...........just happened to be a 3 year old food plot that had grown into a ragweed field.

All the hunters in camp were very disgruntled................but hey, the cooking was great!

P.S.
beware the tree stands...............they probably kill more than the hunters there!

Remy25 08-24-2010 03:49 PM

Wow. Doesn't sound like a good time, but it is hunting...have you hunted with other outfits?

SJAdventures 08-25-2010 11:48 AM

Don't know anything about Bostick plantation but there are lots of unpleasant experiences out there just waiting on unknowing hunters. That is why me and my wife started our business. You will never be able to please absolutely everyone though. Sorry your hunt turned out so disappointing.

SWThomas 08-25-2010 03:10 PM

This is a trend for sure. I haven't heard one single good thing about Bostick.... except from one of their staff joining the site to try to defend the place.

NCDhunter08 09-29-2010 08:22 PM

I'm sorry about your hunt,,I've hunted since I was 9,,am 53 now,,and for the last 15 years have hunted with a lot of outfitters,,some good and some terrible,,,I have hunted in Canada in New Brunswick 4 times and Saskatchewan 6 times,,with a couple different outfitters,,after doing extensive research ,,,,there is even a difference from year to year,,,one year the place would be great,,not too many hunters,(6),and everyone got deer,I got a 150 and 168 7/8 and passed up another 162 deer another guy shot,and a 195 mule deer,,because at the time I was ridding to help put bait out and I dont' shoot from vehicles,,it was on a reservation and you can shoot more than one deer,then ,the next year you come back into camp,,and there 30 hunters in camp,,and you don't even see anything over 150 B & C. This year I had an Iowa trip booked and paid for,but didn't draw a tag,,so hope I will next year.

Good luck hunting this year everybody,,and be safe.