Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
where would you put or aim ?? >

where would you put or aim ??

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

where would you put or aim ??

Old 07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Not that big, you could use a .22 Mag
Old 07-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
A hog is not built like a deer. A hogs heart and lungs sit very low in the body. For a hog that is broadside a bullet in the ear, below the ear or on line between the ear and will do the trick every time. A shot low and just behind the crook in the front leg will also do it every time.

http://www.hunting-in-texas.com/learnhogs.htm

Most of my hogs have fallen to a .50 inline muzzleloder. A few dozen of them have been killed with a .22 magnum and a .223.

Shooting a big boar hog in the shoulder is not the answer unless you are using heavy for caliber bullets that will hold together well.
A Rhino isn't built like a deer either, but a bullet through both lungs will anchor him as well. Lungs are directly behind the rib cage of all animals,largest vitals to hit, pretty simple and very reliable shot.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by excalibur43
A Rhino isn't built like a deer either, but a bullet through both lungs will anchor him as well. Lungs are directly behind the rib cage of all animals,largest vitals to hit, pretty simple and very reliable shot.
I dont think hes disputing that, hes just saying the vitals are a bit lower and forward on a hog.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned

at that angle, i would say behind the front shoulder..get a good boiler room shot..
Old 07-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by falcon
A hog is not built like a deer. A hogs heart and lungs sit very low in the body. For a hog that is broadside a bullet in the ear, below the ear or on line between the ear and will do the trick every time. A shot low and just behind the crook in the front leg will also do it every time.

http://www.hunting-in-texas.com/learnhogs.htm

Most of my hogs have fallen to a .50 inline muzzleloder. A few dozen of them have been killed with a .22 magnum and a .223.

Shooting a big boar hog in the shoulder is not the answer unless you are using heavy for caliber bullets that will hold together well.
totally agree...the shoulders and the front chest plate are strong on big hogs, and you'd be surprised how many big hogs i see take a shoulder shot, and when we finally find em, they are still alive and runnin 35mph away from us.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

I disagree. The problem with bod shooting a hog is that the fatty tissue or shiled will plug the hole up and stop blood flow. Also the lungs do not extend "behind the ribcage" that sir would be the paunch or guts.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by podunk kennels
I disagree. The problem with bod shooting a hog is that the fatty tissue or shiled will plug the hole up and stop blood flow. Also the lungs do not extend "behind the ribcage" that sir would be the paunch or guts.

i think what he means is on the other side of the rib cage (behind the rib cage )
Old 07-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ear hole em'
Old 07-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe inside the ribcage you say? Now this makes sense...
Old 07-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by podunk kennels
Maybe inside the ribcage you say? Now this makes sense...

Yes, within the ribcage. If the ribcage is exposed, so are the lungs. The larger the animal, the larger the ribcage and lung area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.