Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Feral Hogs relocation

Old 05-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Spike

Default Feral Hogs relocation

I have a 915 acre farm in Peru and want to know if there are farms that could internationally relocate Hogs internationally as an experiment that could be hog hunting in Peru possibly leading to a greater business, here I have a perfect environment, water, 37 hectares of dry forest, 70 of olives, 170 of asparagus and 40 of date palms, it is fenced. I would first start to breed, then hunt privately and possibly after some years make a business possibly spreading hogs throughout Peru .
Old 05-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Spike

In my opinion, hogs would ruin every inch of what you now have. There's a reason most states in the U.S. have a shoot on site attitude towards feral hogs and they go feral super fast! They are both destructive to native habitat and dangerous to humans and wildlife as well.

Last edited by Spirithawk; 05-30-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Spirithawk
In my opinion, hogs would ruin every inch of what you now have. There's a reason most states in the U.S. have a shoot on site attitude towards feral hogs and they go feral super fast! They are both destructive to native habitat and dangerous to humans and wildlife as well.
Me and my father thought about that and the only thing it can really destroy is asparagus since I dont think a hog can destroy a 60 year old olive tree since we had a hards time with bulldozers trying to kill sick olive trees so our plan is to fence the asparagus and tell the guards that protect the asparagus to shoot blanks if there is any hog movement.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted hogs in many fenced places & no fence.
Hogs-if they want out will get out. If they want your crops, they will figure a way to get them. Your asking for trouble.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Spike

If it is really what you want to do with your land go ahead. But as they have said the hogs will root up the ground and tear whatever they want up. Google what hogs can do look up some pictures of them and the mess they have caused here in the States. It is your land so ultimately your choice if you want hogs or not if its legal where you live.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

There arent any jungle hogs in Peru? I always thought that South America had plenty of wild boar.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are there other options?

I'm in agreement with the guys who say the hogs may be more trouble than you're bargaining for. They can tear up pasture land by the acre, leaving it so rough that you have to disc it or otherwise smooth it before you can replant anything. If you have crops or grazing land you don't want hogs.

Are there other animals you could import or raise for hunting? Almost anything would do less damage than hogs.

I really like hunting hogs, but I would never deliberately introduce them to an area where they don't exist.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Spike

My main reason is that in southern Peru there is almost no game to hunt apart from pigeons and doves and I bought rifles for a reason and that is for hunting mammals is their any not destructive mammal that I could relocate in my farm apart from hogs and deer? That could be really helpful and the animal needs to be eatable
Old 06-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Most of the goats/ rams do really well in various habitats and arent terribly destructive to my knowledge.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by podunk kennels
Most of the goats/ rams do really well in various habitats and arent terribly destructive to my knowledge.
Well I want something I cant buy at the local market and for it to be harder to hunt. I dont want a farm animal "no offence": thanks anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.