Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
2nd pig of 2010, a big one! >

2nd pig of 2010, a big one!

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

2nd pig of 2010, a big one!

Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting the story and pics. I am getting more and more into hog hunting and reading a great review like yours really helps a beginner see just how tough a big ol' boar can be. And to think I am going after them with archery equipment.

Quick question: Does that plate cover in his "arm pit" area where a person would shoot (an arrow) to get the heart?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JNTURK
Quick question: Does that plate cover in his "arm pit" area where a person would shoot (an arrow) to get the heart?
Yes. It is thicker toward the top of their back, but it goes nearly all the way down. Where I cut and took a picture of the armor is right behind the front shoulder where you would normal aim for a heart/lung shot. It gets thicker higher and on the actual shoulder. On this one the armor extended nearly all the way back to his hind quarters.

I've heard some folks talk about aiming in front of the shoulder on the neck with archery equipment, the armor isn't as thick there.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can also catch them quartering away and "slide" it in behind the shield.

Nice hog great story.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Spike

Mate that's a nice boar. I tell you what its a privilege to hunt pigs here in Aus because they don't go into open land unless grubs on or they want to have a dose in the water on the NT flood plains but mostly they'll stick to thick bush or as you yankees call it the woods =D, waist height grass, silk crops, billabongs, waterholes and riverbeds and it really makes hunting pigs down here challenging but so rewarding. Here's a decent video that's one of my favourites http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tx_l9Jco_M here is another one too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0zFA...eature=related
That was a good read too Nathan.
Cheers Nick

Last edited by BowHuntingAustralia; 03-14-2010 at 08:53 PM.