Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Texas exotics?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Texas exotics?

Are there any "exotic" hunting ranches in Texas that have a decent reputation, AND are reasonably priced? I looked at the price lists for YO and 777, and, it seems like it would cost less to fly to Africa to hunt... I'm looking for an Axis/Fallow/Blackbuck hunt.

I've got paperwork that I picked up at one of those international hunting expos three or four years back, advertising a 10 day Africa trip, with 10 animals, including a kudu, a gemsbok, and others, daily fees and trophy fees, for under $5000 (not including airfare, taxidermy, shipping, etc.). 777 wants $15000 for a kudu...
Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you bow hunted there's lots of places right here where we're at(Texas) that sound reasonably priced.Some may offer rifle hunts.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RLoving1
If you bow hunted there's lots of places right here where we're at(Texas) that sound reasonably priced.Some may offer rifle hunts.

I'm rifle only... No bows. I understand there are plenty of places in Texas. I was simply stunned by the pricing at YO and 777. Looking for something where my son and I can go without breaking the bank He wants to hunt blackbuck, and I'm interested in Axis and Fallow deer...
Old 01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

I have two friends who just returned from their second trip to Record Buck Ranch in Utopia Tx. and they raved about it. They and their wives shot hogs and exotics but the only "African" animal they killed was a scimitar oryx (neat animal!!). A lot of these ranches will deal with you on the price too if you hunt a number of species.

On another note, if you ever get a chance to hunt Africa go! You'll never be sorry. The Dallas and Houston Safari Clubs both have shows coming up this month in their respective cities and Safari Club International is in Reno starting the 21st. There are some smokin' deals at these shows both to Africa and Texas (and everywhere else). Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.huntinghoghunting.com/?gc...FVw55QodnTEAKg Package #7 is something I have been looking at for me and my daughter. Its just a meat hunt so no horns. But seems pretty cheap to me.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Spike

Default Texas Exotics

Baker 3 Ranch in Rocksprings,Texas. I have been hunting with them five years,good honest people & quality animals.

Baker 3 Ranch
Old 01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to Texas Bowhunters.com & click on Day lease forum.
You will see info on many places with no trophy fees & they also post information on good or bad hunts ect.. Lots of info you would be looking for. I've gone to several over the years & only had 1 bad experience.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Would the Baker3 be a good place to take my 13 year old on a rifle BB hunt?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

If any of you are looking for a good, honest exotic hunt call me toll free 1-877-647-9926 or email me at [email protected] . We have several outfitters we utilize for exotic hunts in TX. We do use one of our outfitters more exclusively for exotic hunts because he has one of the cheapest daily rates still available in TX and his trophy fees are either competitive or usually cheaper than most other outfitters in TX. He has over 20 ranches he utilizes in TX for exotic hunts and offers over 40 + species of exotics and his access to quality animals is next to none.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Spike

Thumbs up Exotic Hunts

Why go to Africa? Hunt Texas instead! We've been conducting exotic hunts since 1980, very good top quality hunts starting at 475.00 for Ram and Goat, no trophy fees, all inclusive in the hill country of Mason County Tx., real walk and stalk hunting. Exotic game is the best value going in the huting world today, and when conducted on big ranches and native habitat is as challenging as any. License can be purchased over the counter, no expensive foreign airfare, license or daily fees, all hunts professionaly guided, need more details please email me, [email protected]