Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Brick wall goes hunting.  WHACK a PIG!!! >

Brick wall goes hunting. WHACK a PIG!!!

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Brick wall goes hunting. WHACK a PIG!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Brick wall goes hunting. WHACK a PIG!!!

I seem to be taking big guys hunting lately and this trip was no exception. So for our round of characters we have Tim (Gixxer), Brian (Steelcity), and me. Brian had never been hunting before and had made a statement he would like to try. Gave him a ring along with Tim and off we went with just a few glitches to start the day.

We were to meet at the Sweetbay on Bruce B. Downs. I do not know north Tampa that well and accidently told Brian to meet me on Dale Mabry. So I get to MY Sweetbay and meet Tim and we get loaded up. Brian is trying to find me but who the hell would know that BOTH locations we were at had a Sweetbay AND a Target store. I am sure he was thinking the same thing I was…STOP F’ing with me and where are you hiding!?! We got it all sorted out and like in the movie Garp…we had a predisasterd so we were bound to have success.

Driving up I went through all the usual mantras...”you can’t shoot them to low or far forward”…jack another round as soon as you shoot because they will freeze…”it is almost a full moon so they will be walking from noon till midnight” etc. I was a bit nervous due to the fact that Brian had NEVER shot anything in his life but I figure a 165 grain bullet at 3000 feet per second will correct bad shot placement. I also told him he would gut shoot it and to PLEASE not gut shoot it because it is gross as hell to clean. We got there with the full 15 minutes to spare and I sent everyone to the stand that I hoped would produce for them.

Brian got the end of the road, Tim went one man, and I took the James box blind. It was not totally roasting but enough to make ya sweat a bit but that’s ok I was going to make hams. I sat in there and watched two deer do their thing and tralipsed off the scene. I had given Brian my Thunder Chicken (Tikka) because I wanted him to stay in the stand till he got a shot. I had the Phrenologist (22 mag) with me and it is not that good of a nighttime gun due to using black crosshairs on a black hog at night. You get the idea. I sat in the blind and NOTHING came through. At about 8:00 I climbed down and tip toed out of there to go to the truck. I had told them to sit till they shot but Tim came down the road about 20 minutes after me. He has a scope that would work very well at night and if I had looked through it I would have shoved him back in a stand. Instead we waited for Brian and started dozing off.

BOOOMMM!!! “THERE IT IS”! I said as I sat up from my slumber. I then tell Tim “let’s go see what he got”. We mosey down the road and there stands Brian. “I got me some dinner” he said with a grin. There lies a nice 80ish pound piece of pork with his little bitty neck snapped. I love a good neck shot because they are not messy…to clean that is. I was looking at this brick wall dude and remembered a carry I had seen some Hawaiians do to pack a pig out. I figure what the heck he is big enough. I really did not know it would COVER him in blood but the nice thing was that he got to wear a set of pig nuts as earrings. My only regret is that I did not get a pic of that. His first hunt ever and his first pig…Cha CHING!

The next day was uneventful unless you count deer. We jumped plenty of those and I look forward to next week when we crack out the rifles for Bambi.